September Life Lately

Hey friends! I'm checking in today to recap our September! What a blur these last few months have been. Is this just our new normal now??

We started the month off celebrating my cousin Abbi's wedding. I'm kind of fond of the date I snagged!


I shared more in their 11/12 month post, but the girls both had Hand, Foot and Mouth in September. Thankfully, neither was really sick with it and only had a fever for a day each. 


Since it's highly contagious among kiddos, we kept our selves quarantined for almost a week. (We only managed to give it to our cousin, Jackson. Just sharin' the love with family when they're in town for the weekend..ya know.)


The biggest September news is this girl and her new trick...


Another new trick Mae discovered was biting her crib rail to the point of taking the paint off. I looked into buying a rail guard, but couldn't bring myself to spending the money on it. So, I did what any resourceful mom would do. I went to YouTube, searched "DIY Crib Rail Guard", went to Hobby Lobby, bought a yard of fleece, came home, laid it out, made my cuts and knots, documented on Instastories.


Mission accomplished.

Stephen's Dad is an avid runner and one his September races went in front of my sister's house. The girls and I headed out early that Saturday morning to set up camp in their front yard while our nephews handed out water to runners. The girls' Pop made a quick stop for a good luck hug and kiss from his favorite little cheerleaders and off he went! 


Our town's annual Fall Fun Fest was a scorcher per usual. I love this event, but it's always so hot it doesn't feel like "Fall" yet! 


The girls had a hot and sweaty time and both crashed in their carseats on the way home. 


Stephen's family opened an Escape Game last month. It's been quite the hit so far! However I will admit, I've never played one of these before. Have you played an Escape Game? Everyone seems to love them! The rooms will change out every 6 months or so to keep it interesting. It's been quite the undertaking and venture for the family. It may sound shallow in light of things going on in  our world, but please say a prayer for God's provision over this new family endeavor! 


My dear friend Amy came over to snap the girls 1 Year pictures and we included an impromptu smash cake session too. Not to shabby of a setup that I literally threw together in less than an hour that day. My mind had been all over the place that week and it had never occurred to me to make pictures with a cake. 


Our nephews can't get enough cousin time. They sweet talk their way over for a visit any chance they get. I love all of their giggles and laughter filling our house! 


We wrapped the  month up celebrating our little ladies with a big birthday bash! I'll be sharing more about it next week! 


Don't let her looks fool, she had the time of her life! 


And so did she! 

I really didn't have many pictures to share from September. Between party planning and Cookeville Escape opening our life has been consumed between those two big events! I would say we're looking ahead to some slow, lazy days in October, but I think those are going to be few and far between by the looks of the calendar! 

Happy Wednesday friends...enjoy THIS day! 



2 comments

  1. Leading up to a first birthday there is so much to think about. With Lucy I literally ran into the grocery store to get a big cupcake RIGHT before the photos. I will pray that that new venture goes well! Is your hubby helping with it? xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more pictures from their party!
    I had no idea what an Escape Game was... I had to google it! HA

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.