Friday, June 10, 2016

Sisters

I started working on a Friday Favorites post for the week, but the only thing I kept coming back to for review of our week, was the BEST part of our week. 

On Monday, we found our babies were both GIRLS. 

I can't help but smile a little every time I think about it. Honestly, it really didn't matter to us what their genders were, and I probably would've had the continuing smile all week regardless of what we found out, but girls....daughters...sisters. 

Baby A is definitely a girl. Baby B they are "PRETTY sure is a girl." Her little legs were tucked just enough that they couldn't get a full look, but they're pretty confident in saying girl, confident enough that we're announcing our newest update to the world. 

The most important thing though is that both babies are doing great and right on track!

Next week, I'll be sharing about how we chose their names and a hopefully a few more details. 

For today, our hearts are just FULL with love, excitement and thankfulness for these two little ladies. 


For those of you who have been following our journey, there is nothing more profound that I could say than, thank you. It brings tears to my eyes every time I stop to think about the amount of answered prayers that have been received. These girls aren't just ours, they are loved and being blessed by so many already. I just can't wait to see the joy they will bring to this world and to all of us. 

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex, Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be outnumbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand."
Psalm 139: 13-18

7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!! So happy for you!! When I found out I was having Ella.... at one of my showers a friend looked at me and said you are about to meet your "best friend" oh the bond a mother and daughter have is wonderful but 2 daughters---WOW!! So excited for you sweet friend!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my NEW FAVORITE of the week!! I am so excited for you - two girls, two blessings, two amazing gifts from God!! He is good my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo!!!!! Girls seriously are so fun =) I'm so happy for you guys. And the names are soo soo sweet =) Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Erica!!! I am just so overjoyed for you!! Two beautiful precious baby girls! Stephen's heart is just going to break (in a good way) when he holds his sweet Mae and Ameila for the first time!! And I am already freaking out for you...the cuteness you have ahead of you with outfits and bows...OH MY. So much fun!!!! Congratulations sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for sisters!! I have a sister and our relationship is so special--I hope to have girls one day, too! So happy for you, friend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I was just stopping by to see the entries on the "Stranded" post, and I saw this! One of my niece's is named Amelia, and one of my aunt's is named Mae. :)
    www.flipflopshanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAYYYYYYY!!!! This is so wonderful and I loveeee your names :) Beautiful. Just beautifullll!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.