Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pinspiration Wednesday: Summer Bucket List

Thanks so much for stopping by for our June edition of Pinspiration Wednesday! I have loved co-hosting this monthly series with my friends Justine and Leigh. It's been a wonderful outlet for finding great ideas to celebrate a certain season and plan for upcoming events! 

Today we're sharing fun Summer Bucket List ideas! I thought I would approach my list very rationally, as this Summer our plans will be drastically different than any before. First I'm sharing a few fun ideas for everybody to enjoy during these hot months, and I'll finish with a few ACTUAL projects on our list for this Summer!

|one|
There are several great pre-made lists floating around Pinterest with fun Summer activities for the whole family to enjoy. This was one of my favorites!!

160 Summer Fun List IdeasAQUA-2


|two|
I don't know about where you live, but around here Summers can get downright miserable with the humidity. It's just TOO hot to play outside. That's where a little craftiness (or a quick Pinterest search) comes into play. Growing up, my cousins and I spent Summers at our grandparents' house during the days while our parents worked. My grandma was always coming up with goofy games for us to play. Anyone ever raced to pick up marbles with your toes in a kiddie pool?? NO?!!!

 I love these indoor game ideas for kids...they would be great for the days it's just too hot to be outside. 


fun-for-kids-rainy-day-crafts-activities-best-ideas-17

|three|
Even though our Braves aren't exactly the hot ticket this season, I would love to sneak in a quick trip to Atlanta during their last season at Turner Field. (Have I ever told you about the phase I went through as a young teenager when I just KNEW I was going to be a famous broadcaster for the Braves one day? That's a story for another day. My love runs deep.)

Here's the Turner Field Final Season patch we'll be wearing this season::

|four|
Summers are the perfect time to whip up some fun, cool treats in the kitchen! Who else made KoolAid popsicles in Tupperware popsicle molds when you were young?

I think these sweet treats would be a perfect ending to a long, hot day!!

CopyCat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade- Amazing cold and refreshing treat for summer.  Super Simple to make at home. Plus this recipe will save you $$'s.

Frozen Strawberry Lemonade: 1 can of lemonade concentrate, 1.5 cups of frozen strawberries, 1 tray of ice, and 1 can of water.:
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade here

DIY your own snow cone syrup using packets of Kool-Aid.

Have I ever told you about the Summers I spent working for my dad at a small amusement / natural park he managed? I worked the putt-putt golf course...by myself...and on Saturdays when we were slammed with regular Summer patrons PLUS LARGE company picnics, it was all I could do to keep the course running and the concessions running...by myself. I had burns all over my arms from the popcorn machines and my hands were stained for days from the sno-cone syrups. 

I will admit, somewhat ashamedly all these years later, that at certain BUSY times when the lines were 20+ plus people deep and I was there BY MYSELF, and someone would ask for a "rainbow sno-cone" (which mind you is just a sno-cone with a few sprays of EVERY flavor we had)...they'd ask for a rainbow sno-cone and I would tell them we were out. I KNOW. It was awful of me, BUT IT WORKED EVERY TIME! They'd be all, "Oh ok, I'll just take a cherry then." 

Don't worry, I'm shaking my head at myself on that one. That's what I think of every time I see anything having to do with sno-cones. 

|five|
Now, for what we're actually tackling this Summer in preparing for the twins' arrival in October...

We'll be adding a little book shelf nook to one wall. There are so many options and ideas for this on Pinterest! Now to decide what layout will work best for our space. 

If you have an awkward, small wall in the nursery - why not create a mini library wall?! #nursery #walldecor:

Once we know the genders (hopefully next week...everyone please say those prayers that both of these babies cooperate on Monday!!) we'll be deciding the overall design of their room. I desperately want to do some sort of gallery wall either above the dresser /changing table or above their cribs. Again, SO many layouts to choose from and so many items that can be included for this project!

2016 Nursery Trend: Inspired By… (nurseries inspired by travel & adventure). Parents love a cool theme to set the design tone in nursery. This year, travel and adventure stand out as the nursery theme of the year.:

If you've seen any of my holiday decorating posts, you'll know I love changing out two frames on our entry way table with different printables I find online to fit the season or holiday. There's a few pins I've saved for nursery printables which will some how find their way on to the gallery wall I mentioned above. 

Need some printables or inspiration for your new baby? 25 of my favorite nursery/child printables to make any room beautiful Read More at: homes-makeovers.blogspot.com:

We're already working on a small project for the closet. (OK, so it's turned out to be a small construction project involving massive holes in the wall, a minor melt down, drywall, sheetrock, mud, paint...words like that; God bless our friends Chuck and Emilee for coming to our rescue.) Our house has little closet space, so we're having to maximize that space as much as we can. Plus, all of this organization makes me beyond giddy!

Just a good idea for split room!!organized twin nursery closet - The Crazy Craft Lady:

As much as I would love to enjoy fun Summer road trips and outdoor activities, our actual Summer plans for this year are taking priority over the other stuff. October will be here before we know it, we've got alot to do this Summer and we're pretty excited about it all!

Can't wait to check out everyone's posts today and live vicariously through YOUR Summer plans!! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up with us today!


Join us for our upcoming linkups!!

July 6 - 4th of July/Summer cookout recipes
August 3 -  Crock Pot recipes
September 7 -  Fall Decorating Ideas (inside of house and front porch/outside of house)
October 5 -  It’s pumpkin time! – Share your favorite pumpkin or Halloween recipes
November 2 - Thanksgiving decor and/or recipes
December 7 - Share your favorite Christmas d├ęcor ideas, or Pinterest worthy gift ideas




9 comments:

  1. Love the Summer Idea List! I will have to "pin" it!!
    If you sneak to Atlanta, you better let me know! I'm about 45 minutes from the stadium~ and yes, it tears me up that this will be the 3rd Stadium I will see the Braves play in!!
    That Copy cat CFA Frozen Lemonade=YUMMY!!

    I can't WAIT to find out the sex of the twins and see the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quick trip to the ATL (ha) is definitely in the works. Sometime next month, we've just gotta decide which weekend. They have 3 Saturday home games in July.

      Delete
  2. I love your game ideas!!! And we are planning a trip to Atlanta this summer to watch the Braves before they move to the new field! Can't wait to find out the genders! AND your names!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl...I MYSELF can't wait to find out genders and names!! HA. We love weekend trips to Atlanta..so much to do and not a far drive from home!

      Delete
  3. I love your rainbow snow cone story! That's too funny! I'm putting it on my calendar to linkup with you girls in July. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...looking forward to next month's linkup! Yes, the sno-cone story...sad but oh so true. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Cannot wait to see how everything comes together in the twin's nursery!! Love that idea for DIY snowcones -my girls would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sweet little family can rock any summer activity!! I just love reading about your precious 5!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I know I'm behind (vacation and ENGAGEMENT - soon to be posted on the blog) and I think in the next few minutes I"ll find out but - yay for the twins and finding out their genderssss so awesome!

    My sister's pregnant and her one ultrasound found something abnormal. So we get to spend the next 7 to 10 days agonizing and praying over that waiting on the testing to come back. Its like so awesome that we have this technology but also, so... crappy at the same time. Say a prayer!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.