Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thursday Confessions

Oh, it's one of my favorite days of the week in the blog world! Thursday Confessions with my friend Leigh! I just LOOOOOOOOOOVE these posts!

|one|

I confess I am jealous, probably more jealous than I should be of everyone's beach pictures, posts and planning posts I've been seeing the last week or so. Babies have us on the no-Summer vacation plan for 2016, so I practically just sit and drool over everyone else's pretty pics of the sun, sea and sand.

Here's my little hissy fit and I'll be good...BUT I WANNA GO TO THE BEACH! 


|two|

A group of friends of mine has been discussing starting a Bunko group and we finally decided to just start it. I volunteered to host the first month, which is one night later this month. I have to admit, it's nice to have something else to think about and plan for non-pregnancy and non-babies related. I'm probably more excited about this than I should be. BUT, probably not as excited as I will be AFTER the babies are here and Mama needs a night out with the girls. 


|three|

We did find out the genders of our babies on Monday. Well. One for sure and the other they're PRETTY sure about. We go back in 2 1/2 weeks for the full anatomy scan to measure head, weight, etc and they'll be able to confirm then. We were told "don't monogram anything yet, but we're pretty sure..." Ha...don't monogram...it's like they've never met me. Regardless, I've been walking around with a silly grin on my face all week. It's just a relief to finally know. We can't decide if we want to wait until our next appointment before posting anything publicly or just go ahead. (Who am I kidding, we won't be able to wait until the 27th.)


|four|

For the past two weeks, I've had several people at work and church tell me that I'm showing. I try to hold back my laugh and eye rolls, because I don't think I am. My clothes are still fitting absolutely normal and I'm losing weight each week. Not alot but 2-3 pounds every week and a half or so. Don't worry, the babies are FINE, I just have no appetite most of the time, which I've been told can be completely normal and of no concern if babies look good, which ours do. So basically people are just pointing out areas that I've always been larger in. Whatevs, goes with the territory. 


|five|

I was driving to work one day last week and heard a pop, looked over and my passenger side sun visor fell down. Not off, just flopped down. When I got to work, I immediately started googling for replacement tips, part numbers and how to videos on You Tube. I can't STAND for the passenger side visor to be down when I'm driving if no one is in that seat. So, it HAD to be replaced STAT. Until I found out it was going to be over $200 just the part itself. Of course this would happen right now. Fortunately, Stephen rigged it for the time being. It doesn't look great, but it works and it was a free fix for the time being. 


Be sure to check in with Leigh for everyone else's confessions! Happy Thursday!!

5 comments:

  1. You must be sooo excited to know the gender of the babies!! I had a really hard time waiting to tell family, so I very much know how you are feeling right now!
    The driver side visor would drive me bonkers too!
    Have a great day, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh - your confessions are the highlight of my week, hilarious!!! I am wondering if Stephen rigged your visor with duct tape - that's what we do in TN right??!!?? ;) Can't wait for your baby announcement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy we don't have to wait until the 27th to find out the genders of your sweet babies.. I am so excited!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dustin's rearview mirror fell off his windshield (no idea how??) but for now, he has to hold it up if he needs to look behind him hahaha! Now if it were my car, I would demand it to be fixed immediately like you but he's fine the way it is! And I'm loving all of your GIFs!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.