Our girls are ten months old! Next week they'll be 11 months old, but we'll just bypass over how behind I am.
For as BIG of a month as their 9th month was, the 10th month wasn't near as eventful. But we've noticed that's kind of been a pattern with them, they'll have a huge month of development and then the following month will be a standstill. Which after big months, we need the downtime, haha.
In the 10th month, we introduced them to Puffs and other handheld baby snacks. I was hesitant to start foods other than baby food because my ultimate fear is of them choking. I mean they have two teeth, how can process food? I bit bullet and gave it a whirl. These girls were ready and took right to it! I probably should've started trying sooner than we did, but as first time parents you truly just figure it all out as you go.
Both girls were in good health all month and in hindsight, oh how we take that for granted. I won't be able to share the same in their 11th month update post. It's been a ROUGH August...I digress, back to July.
The sleep regression is still a bump in the road. Stephen and I spend our nights alternating between our own bed and the guest room bed and swapping out girls. I can't wait for this phase to pass!!
Amelia
She weighs 17 lbs 3 ounces, has 2 teeth, and has the prettiest, shiny blonde hair that is growing longer and thicker every day. She wears 9 month size clothes and Size 3 diaper (Tip for all of you moms to be: Stock up on Size 3's, they'll be in these the longest!)
This little firecracker has a personality that's ALL over the place. She laughs, she smiles, she huffs, she whines, she looks at you like you're the dumbest person she's ever met, she's fearless, she's consistent, she's tough.
She picked up crawling in what felt like a blink. As Riley said in the beginning of the crawling stages, "Mae Parker is faster, but Amelia has better form." #hespeakstruth
Whatever Mae Parker does first, Amelia quietly picks up on and then BOOM she's doing it too. She's an excellent crawler and goes after exactly what she wants. She stands up for herself more. Mae Parker will take something away from her and she'll take it right back and with force.
She HATES her face being wiped, but loves her hair being brushed.
Mae Parker
She weighs 22 lbs and 5 oz, has 2 teeth with 2 more coming in, her hair is finally starting to grow, and on the left side more than the right. You can tuck hair behind her left ear, but it's nowhere close to that long on the right side.
She wears 9 and 12 month size clothes and a Size 3 diaper, but we'll be moving her up soon!
She is by far the more curious of the two. She doesn't miss a beat and has to inspect her surroundings fully. She's been fairly laid back this month and let her sister wear the Drama Queen crown. She's generally such a happy baby and laughs and smiles all the time. She gets SO excited about almost everything...she just can't stand it! She'll kick her legs like crazy, wave her arms and let out her high pitched giggles. She's just so excited!
She used the month to perfect her crawling. She went from crawling normal on one leg and lifting the other leg, to crawling like she should. We credit this to her sister. Once Amelia started crawling, Mae Parker's form instantly was better.
She loves to explore, and errs on the side of caution at her first try of new things. After that, it's no holds bar. We've since had to the move our coffee table..because..Exhibit A:
Her biggest achievement this month has been learning how to stand on her own. That's it, she shows no signs of walking, she just stands there for minutes and minutes on end.
She still thinks her sister is the funniest person alive, she ADORES her cousins Riley and Colin, she lets Amelia take the lead and follows quickly behind her. She imitates sounds and expressions we make and can't get enough of singing "The Wheels on the Bus".
The girls experienced their first vacation and beach trip this month. I recapped our time in Destin here, but to sum it up: they ate ALOT of sand, Amelia loved the ocean, MP hated it, both loved the pool, Amelia is a fan of selfies and can fall sleep anywhere AND 9-10 hours in the car is their max!
Every day with these two is truly a new adventure. It's so very hard to believe that we're coming up on their 1st birthday already. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but at the same time it's hard to remember life before them.
Every day is a gift and what we've done to deserve these two is beyond me. We're thankful, so very thankful!










They are SO precious!! I can't believe they are almost 11 months old!
ReplyDeleteHow is it possible that they are SO close to being a year old?!?! They are absolutely precious!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the crawling and movement stage! Yup, I said it. I know it's probably a bit harder with 2 but I loved when CJ could explore and move a bit. It kept him happy to be so mobile.
ReplyDelete