Thirty four.
It's starting to sound like an "old" number, but I don't feel old. I don't feel like I'm 34. Honestly, I can't believe that I am 34. The memories of childhood and teen years are so vivid, it's hard to believe it's been THAT long ago.
Does ANY of this make sense to anyone else?
I've been jotting some things down lately as I have the last couple of years when my birthday approaches. I've realized I've changed quite a bit this past year thanks to motherhood, yet some things have stayed the same.
I refuse to get caught up and bogged down by all the political mess our country is in. Instead, I read about something new and fun at Disney World.
I don't keep up with our 401k's and our investment portfolios, that's why we pay someone else to keep up with it. Instead, I search Etsy high and low for the cutest donut embroidered shirt for the girls' birthday.
I don't worry about getting my to-do list checked off on Sunday afternoons anymore. Instead I take a two hour nap with our girls.
I know that North Korea is bad and that Kim guy is a wacko, but I have confidence in our armed forces should anything happen. And I have a greater confidence in my God to know He is our ultimate protector.
I still don't drink coffee even though it smells really good brewing in the office next to mine every morning.
I now shop at 5 different grocery stores depending on prices. Every penny counts these days.
I no longer stay late at work to get caught up or get a head start on the next day. I have two little ladies waiting for me to get home...so I leave promptly at 3:30 and head home.
I've trained my hair to go without a daily wash and sometimes go without for 3 days.
I don't care about leaving the house without makeup anymore. If I've kept all 4 of us alive and fed one more day, who cares about makeup to go to Wal-Mart.
Any plans AT ALL end at 8pm seven days a week.
I finally understand what my mom always said growing up about having to stop on long car rides and stretch your legs.
I grab lunch in our hospital cafeteria more now than ever before, because by the time I get myself ready and both girls up, changed and sometimes fed before 6:30, I've already broken a sweat (literally I sweat....and there's NOTHING worse than sweating right after you've just showered that early in the morning). There's just not time for everything in the mornings, so I skip packing my lunch and grab a sandwich or salad later in the day at work.
No matter how tired or how inconvenient a girls night out seems, it's always exactly what I need!
I tried really hard to keep up with meal planning but it's gone to the wayside. Again, if we're all 4 fed, I call it a win at the end of the day.
I prefer to listen to podcasts over XM radio. WHAAAT??!?! If I've had a bad day or am in a grumpy mood, I turn on an episode of the Big Boo Cast as soon a I get in the car. Instant mood changer.
I've learned that I can go on little, I mean LITTLE sleep for days on end.
My two best friends are 10 months old.
Prayer is my most powerful daily habit.
I refuse to get caught up and bogged down by all the political mess our country is in. Instead, I read about something new and fun at Disney World.
I don't keep up with our 401k's and our investment portfolios, that's why we pay someone else to keep up with it. Instead, I search Etsy high and low for the cutest donut embroidered shirt for the girls' birthday.
I don't worry about getting my to-do list checked off on Sunday afternoons anymore. Instead I take a two hour nap with our girls.
I know that North Korea is bad and that Kim guy is a wacko, but I have confidence in our armed forces should anything happen. And I have a greater confidence in my God to know He is our ultimate protector.
I still don't drink coffee even though it smells really good brewing in the office next to mine every morning.
I now shop at 5 different grocery stores depending on prices. Every penny counts these days.
I no longer stay late at work to get caught up or get a head start on the next day. I have two little ladies waiting for me to get home...so I leave promptly at 3:30 and head home.
I've trained my hair to go without a daily wash and sometimes go without for 3 days.
I don't care about leaving the house without makeup anymore. If I've kept all 4 of us alive and fed one more day, who cares about makeup to go to Wal-Mart.
Any plans AT ALL end at 8pm seven days a week.
I finally understand what my mom always said growing up about having to stop on long car rides and stretch your legs.
I grab lunch in our hospital cafeteria more now than ever before, because by the time I get myself ready and both girls up, changed and sometimes fed before 6:30, I've already broken a sweat (literally I sweat....and there's NOTHING worse than sweating right after you've just showered that early in the morning). There's just not time for everything in the mornings, so I skip packing my lunch and grab a sandwich or salad later in the day at work.
No matter how tired or how inconvenient a girls night out seems, it's always exactly what I need!
I tried really hard to keep up with meal planning but it's gone to the wayside. Again, if we're all 4 fed, I call it a win at the end of the day.
I prefer to listen to podcasts over XM radio. WHAAAT??!?! If I've had a bad day or am in a grumpy mood, I turn on an episode of the Big Boo Cast as soon a I get in the car. Instant mood changer.
I've learned that I can go on little, I mean LITTLE sleep for days on end.
My two best friends are 10 months old.
Prayer is my most powerful daily habit.
Ok, so like more than half of this list makes me sound like an old lady. It is what it is.
I love birthdays and love the celebration of birthdays. However, this year I could honestly care less about the celebration side of it this time. I'm more excited about a certain 1 year celebration coming up in about 50 days. I'm sure one day I'll care about my special day again, but for now I'm just excited to celebrate with my little family and the daughters that we prayed so long and hard for. Things change...sometimes for the better.





Happy Birthday!! Hope you have the best day!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! It's crazy how the older we get, we still don't feel that old. Does that make sense? I still feel like i'm 24 or 25...not almost 30! And yes to sweating after you shower in the morning. My coworker has 2 little boys and talks about sweating every morning trying to get everyone ready haha!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
Ok I choked up at the comment about your two best friends are 10 months old. They are so blessed to have you as their momma. I nodded my head to so many of these things. Politics and choosing to trust our sovereign God, AMEN! We are only days apart. I will be 34 on August 19th and I think people are looking younger the older I get, not older HA! Age is just a number and the 30s have been my most favorite decade. I am the most myself this decade than ANY other decade! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! And I, too, am an old lady. And I don't care what bit about it :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you!! I hope you have an amazing day =)
ReplyDelete