Recipe Club: Family Favorite from the Blog World

Before we jump into this month's recipe club linkup, many many thanks for all the kind words yesterday for my birthday! Every kind act was greatly appreciated!!

Today I'm joining Heather and Johannah for their monthly recipe linkup! This month's linkup snuck up on me, and I'll be honest and say the last couple of weeks meals around here have been easy peasy and non-blog worthy. Tacos, Crockpot Roast, a store-bought marinated pork loin...etc. 

Instead of sharing one of my own recipes, I thought I would take today to highlight some of our family favorites recipes that came straight from Andrea at Momfessionals and Shay at Mix and Match Mama! Basically, every time they post a recipe, I know we'll love it and I'll love making it. We've yet to sample any of their recipes that we haven't loved. 

First up...



We love tacos and this variation is perfection with crescent rolls! 

Chicken Pot Pie 
(see a "pie" trend here?)


This one I replace the peas with green beans. (Neither Stephen or I like peas.) Sometimes, I'll use crescent rolls instead of pie crust, just depending on what I have on hand. Either way, this is the best pot pie recipe I've tried, and I've tried several through the years! SUCH yummy comfort food!



Seriously, we LOVE this soup! It's so hearty and perfect for a Fall or Winter night. Hurry up Fall!!



This is a great taco base. Although if I'm 100% honest when I make this I always eat mine as nachos. Nachos are my love language...amen. 



This is such a good meal, but I will admit it's another one we tend to only make in the Fall and Winter months. It's hearty and has that soup quality, so we save it for months ending in "-ember" or "-ary". 



Confession: I love fruity sweets. When Shay first posted this recipe, I had everything on hand to make it and whipped it up the second I got home from work that day. Add a dollop of ice cream and call this one a winner! 



Easy meal to throw together on a weeknight and makes for great leftovers for lunch the next day! The tastiness of lasagna in a lighter version. 

And finally...



Second confession, we are addicted to caprese salads which spill over into anything caprese related at this point. The roasted tomatoes put this recipe over the top! Stephen's is the cook in the kitchen when this item comes up on our menu. He LOVES everything about this recipe! It's a great Spring and Summertime dinner! 

Those are some of our blogland favorites! What about you? What bloggers do you get recipe ideas from? What have you tried and loved? Share with us! Happy Wednesday friends! 


6 comments

  1. I've had a version of taco pie before and it's so good! And I've made those crockpot tacos before---YUM!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Andrea and Shays recipes all amazing!!! Do you have any of Shay's cookbooks? I think she has like 4 or 5 total now. They are all of these recipes, and I love being able to pull them out of my cupboard and looking for an easy meal to cook!
    Thanks for linking up with us today Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you felt loved on your birthday. We are loving everything caprese too. Tonight we are having caprese chicken pasta. I went to a pampered chef party once and the host made it and it's so easy! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love caprese anything too! Chicken pot pie is a fall staple around here and I love your idea of subbing green beans for peas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHicken pot pie is my favorite! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Turkey & Spinach Lazy Lasagna looks so so good! Adding to to my "wish list" of dinners to make this Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.