I'm a day late but such is life these days! The Blended Blog is a new to me find that I stumbled across a few weeks ago. When my blogging friends Sarah, Heather and Stephanie all linked up to their TBB Asks August linkup yesterday, I jumped on the bandwagon and here we are!
Pool, Lake or Ocean?
Ocean! Pools can be miserably hot around here in the Summer. With the ocean, you've always got a breeze...not to mention what the salt and sand do to my hair and skin. #allthehearteyes
Camping, Cottage or Hotel?
If the cottage has wifi...sure. Otherwise, hotel. Camping...sorry. Tried it once...not for me.
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
Cookies & Cream
PJ's, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts?
Typically I wear a tank or tshirt with shorts or Old Navy PJ pants.
Favorite Summer Beverage?
My Grandmother's Homemade Lemonade!!
Hot or Cold?
COLD! When I get too hot, I feel sick and lightheaded. Let me be cold..I can deal with that.
Sandals with heels or flats?
Flats
Shorts or Skirts?
Shorts or Dresses...I feel like skirts look awkward on me.
Sit in the sun or the shade?
Unless, there's a GOOD breeze with that sun, put me in the shade.
Water, Tea or Soda?
All of the Above. All better be ice cold. I primarily drink water all day every day. If it's tea, I prefer decaf. If it's soda, it's going to be Dr. Pepper.
Fave Summer fruit / vegetable?
Nothing beats a fresh garden tomato!! Hey, tomatoes are fruits too, right?! Late in the Summer Honeycrisp apples come in at a nearby orchard and they are to die for!!
Sunrise or Sunset?
Depends on which direction I'm driving. Ha. But seriously because #iamold. So, I have a very hard time seeing to drive when I'm driving into direct sunlight. The main road I travel back and forth every day, the sun hits directly right in your eyes in both the morning and afternoon. It's actually very dangerous. But, I have to say there's nothing more beautiful and calm than a sunset to end a hectic day.
Bike ride or Walk?
Walk. I never really enjoyed riding a bike. I put off learning how to until I was ten years old in the 4th grade when we were going to get checked off on it for a skills class in P.E. one day. My dad taught me how to ride a bike the weekend before the checkoff. It was a nightmare. I also bowled a 0 in two games one time in the 6th grade on a P.E. class field trip to the bowling alley. #truestories
Winery or Brewery?
Can we add distillery to the list? I've visited the Jack Daniels Distillery a few times because: 1. It's a huge part of TN's history and 2. I love my state and 3. It's less than a 2 hour drive from home - it makes for an easy, fun day date...which I will admit I went with two different guys at different times for day dates, but yet have never gone there with Stephen.
Garden or No Garden?
I'm too lazy to keep up with a garden. I helped my grandparents with theirs my entire life until they gave it up a few years ago. It's alot of work. I'll just bum off other family members' gardens and the sweet folks at church that come in with baskets full of goodness on Sunday morning and say, "we've got tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and corn back there for anybody who wants to take some." Bless them.
Big Summer Concert or Music in the park?
Big Summer Concert
Favorite Cookout Food?
I LOVE grilled veggies and pork chops!
Dine indoors or patio?
I love eating outside, but it can't be hot. Why would you want to be miserable while eating a meal?
Favorite Summer Destination?
I love a good Summer beach vacation! I'll also throw in Atlanta because there is no telling HOW many of my almost 34 summers have included a Braves game...or two...or five.
Big theme park or local carnival?
I have fond memories of both. Growing up it was Opryland in Nashville. I'm one of those who wishes desperately that it was still there! It was the best!! As cheesy and sometimes nasty as the county fair is, there's something so small town about it. I love the lights and the food!
Drinks blended or on the rocks?
I'm not a drinker, but I do love a frozen blended lemonade! Did you try the one Chick-fil-a had a couple years ago?!!? Life changing.
I'm not a drinker, but I do love a frozen blended lemonade! Did you try the one Chick-fil-a had a couple years ago?!!? Life changing.
Popsicle or freezie flavor of choice?
Strawberry!! Did you ever try those strawberry pops at Disney?!?! Ok, so technically they're Edy's brand, but let me just say, I've never bought them at a grocery store..only at Disney. It just doesn't feel right to get them at Kroger across from the hashbrowns.
Hot Dog or Hamburger?
Burger
There's a little more about me in Summer terms! Click on over to the Blended Blog's post to read what others are sharing about their Summer Self's!
(THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the kind words, calls, texts, prayers and messages for our sweet Amelia. She is SO much better and is a totally different kid. When I see how bubbly, happy and talkative she's been the last few days, it's hard on my momma heart to know she was in so much pain and hurt so long without me having a clue. She's doing great and that's what matters the most! We're grateful for everyone's concern this past week!!)
and hey, only 4 weekends until College Football, ESPN Gameday, and Fall decorations hit the Stafford House!!




Love all your answers! I can't believe you only learned to ride a bike to get checked off in P.E.! That is to funny!!
ReplyDeleteI have been to the Jack Daniels distillery too and even though I don't drink whiskey or much in general, I found it so fascinating. BUT I love history and things like that! ;) I also love Dr. Pepper ;). I always said I am a southern girl in a midwest body! Love learning more about you! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteOld Navy pajama pants.... I own no less than 15 pair. It's ridiculous but I have to admit, we have more than our fair share of pajama days so they aren't worn just to sleep. I spend a lot of time in them come to think of it.
ReplyDelete