Love is in the Air....& Around the House

Valentine's Day has always been a favorite of mine to decorate for! I just love the fun and festiveness of the bright and often sparkly colors! 


I'm pleased to say that this year I bought absolutely nothing in the decor line for this holiday. 


And a big blogger win for taking house photos at night when we all know that natural lighting is at it's peak. 


Stephen's Mom made this last year for me and I have to admit it is my absolute favorite and as long as I'm living it will more than likely always be on display this time of year. 



I love that I get to leave our red gingham Christmas curtains up in our kitchen for a couple more months after December!! They'll soon be coming down and swapping out for our year-round floral curtains...womp, womp. (Not really, I love those curtains too!) 


Whoops...I mispoke. I did buy something Valentine related this year. TECHNICALLY it was last year...the day after Christmas to be exact. I bought this fun felt garland for $2 or $3 at Big Lots. 


Onto the girls room! I had to move the heart garland from where I placed it last year. If I had put in the same place this year, Mae could totally reach it from her crib in the mornings and believe me she would. I can just imagine the crashing sounds of the frames falling off the wall! No, thanks. 


Instead I moved it to a different wall....out of reach....very important...and draped it across their Shirley & Pearlie frames. (Missed my Shirley and Pearlie story? You can read it here.)


I added just a touch of Valentines' love to the top of their bookshelf with all their Valentines' books and some decor I've had for years. I love re-purposing, don't you?!


P.S. I love the Amelia Bedelia books for obvious reasons. But I'm refraining from buying everyone I ever see...because there is no cutesy children's book series based on a girl name Mae. Am I right? If not, someone fill me in ASAP! 

As far as Valentine's celebrations go, we're pretty low-key around here. We'll give the girls some fun little goodies this afternoon when I get home and maybe over the weekend at some point, we'll sneak away for a date night for a couple of hours. Hope you enjoy all the red and pink and sparkly fun today! 

Linking here
.


1 comment

  1. Super cute, love all your touches. I love those red gingham curtains and hand and feet print art gets me every.single.time. It's a sure bet all those projects will be forever saved here too! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.