It's the 10th of the month, so we're joining Erin at Perfectly Port to share 10 Things from our Bathroom Drawer. Only...we don't have drawers in our bathrooms...we have cabinets. So..here's 10 things from my bathroom cabinet for all you nosey-rosey's out there like me!
Let's get the most boring out of the way first, shall we? I keep an ink pen in our cabinet. Our laundry room is connected to our main bathroom. I have our calendar in the laundry room, I keep a pen close by to grab and jot things down on the calendar as I remember them! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pens! If you are a paper planner, these pens will be your new BFF.
My eyesight...lord bless me...it's awful. I've worn classes since the first grade and contacts since the 7th. I keep my spare contacts in my bathroom cabinet, along with 2 pairs of glasses. Why 2 pairs you ask? One frame is thicker and lens are more up to date to my prescription, but they get heavy. One pair is much lighter weight but the lens prescription is off some. I typically only wear them at night and early mornings and sometimes on the weekends if we're just staying around the house all day.
I also have lots of bobby pins, because no matter how many I have, give me a couple of months, and I won't be able to find a single one.
Usually once or twice a year, I stock up on wallflower refills from BBW when they got on a big sale and I have coupon. My favorites is Frosted Cranberry / Cranberry Woods / whatever their "Cranberry" fragrance name for the year is. Right now, we're using the Autumn refills and they're delightful!
A couple years ago, I got this nesting set of cosmetic bags from Victoria's Secret. I keep the smallest one (not pictured) in my purse to hold lip gloss, eye drops, hand sanitizer, etc. The two larger ones I keep in bathroom cabinet with my makeup. This will also show you my WIDE range of product use. My $4 moisturizer that I've been using for YEARS and swear by and the slightly expensive R+F eye cream. Because with babies and pregnancy came wrinkles and dark circles...and lots of them.
This bag is from 31. I got it a couple years ago and it has been on MANY trips and vacations with us. It holds everything Stephen and I both need / use toiletry wise when we travel. After our Summer vacation, I got Stephen's things out, and just threw this bag in the cabinet. It still has all of my hair products, face wash, etc in it..it's just too easy to keep packed, grab it and go. I don't think this particular bag is available anymore, but this one is similar without the side pockets.
I also keep my hair dryer and flat iron in my cabinet. The flat iron is nothing to brag about - it gets the job done. But this hair dryer...love it! I asked for this particular one for Christmas two years ago. It gets the job done without damaging my hair which was a continual problem back in the day. Also, because I have no shame...this old ratty headband that is literally falling apart. I use it every night and morning when I wash my face to hold my bangs back. There's no telling how long I've had this thing. 15+ years at least.
And then my beloved bucket of spares! Anyone else?! I have this irrational fear of running out of deodorant and not having a new one on hand. Enter...my bucket of spares. My essentials...bath wash, mascara, eye makeup remover, Deodorant, moisturizer, etc. Basically when I start using a new one, I'll buy a spare so I know I have one on hand.
And that's what I have in my bathroom cabinet! Jump over to Erin's blog to check out what everyone else is sharing today!











Well as you can see by my post today I have the same fear of running out ;). I am so glad you linked up. I love peaking into everyone's things - ha! I use cerave face lotions but I just upped it to the more invasive one because of wrinkles. I have the Rodan and Fields eye cream sample, I need to remember to use it! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteI use that R+F eye cream, too! What are your thoughts on it? It's lasted me a long time, but I can't really tell a difference. I used one from Sephora before this one that was about $20 cheaper so I'm thinking of changing back to it. Why does skin care have to be so expensive?!
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
My eyes were terrible too and I finally was able to have lasik about 13 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself! I started storing my bobby bins in an empty tick tac container and believe it or not it has been a life saver and I'm no longer losing my pins.
ReplyDelete