What's Up Wednesday - October

October...it's almost over?! Didn't it start like, two days ago??! I'm joining in today for another What's Up Wednesday linkup! 



What we're eating this week...
On Monday we had a Chicken Bruschetta Bake and last night we had an easy Lasagna Skillet Toss. Tonight will be leftovers, tomorrow we'll be at my parents (per usual Thursday night plans), and Friday I think we'll do loaded baked potatoes and salad! 



What I'm reminiscing about...
I've been selling a ton of the girls clothes on a local sales FB page this week. Every night when I bag up an "order" for someone to pickup the next day, I almost come to tears remembering the girls in these outfits and how TINY they were! OH my heart. 



What I'm Loving...
The Fall temps are finally here...YAY!


What we've been up to...
Last week, Stephen's parents took the girls on a trip. We missed them terribly, broke down on Thursday and headed East to see them! We spent a good portion of the day at the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. Mae Parker LOVED it. She stared and pointed her little heart out. Amelia was basically just along for the ride and the gift shop at the end of the tour. 



We headed back home later that night and the girls would come home the next night. 

What I'm dreading...
This afternoon Mae Parker has her 1 year appointment with Ear, Nose and Throat for her hearing. At birth she received a certain antibiotic that state law regulates babies' hearing be tested throughout their first year. Apparently, the antibiotic can have hearing loss impacts. She's done just fine at previous appointments, but the ENT doctor has been concerned with a hemangioma inside her upper lip. It's not gotten smaller as it should be doing by now, so I'm a little concerned what he will say about that today. Her hearing test, I feel confident in, she will be fine. 

What I'm working on...
Planning ahead for the holidays. I'm talking meal planning, gift planning, calendar planning...it's always such a busy season! Also, I think we're finally out of birthday mode around here. Everything is unpacked and where it needs to go, Some new toys are out; some are being held back for later use. New clothes are organized and ready to wear. We had such a fun time celebrating Amelia and Mae's 1st birthday! 


You can read all about their party here...and a post for their birthday here

What I'm excited about...
I'm pretty excited about Halloween with the girls' next week! It's not their 1st Halloween, but let's be honest. Last year they were still preemies; family came to our house to see them. I'm also excited to see how much they love (i.e. hate) wearing a costume! haha


What I'm watching / reading...
I'm rewatching Hart of Dixie on Netflix. We're finally watching last season's Big Bang Theory. Question, are they going to keep baby Halley invisible like they did Howard's mom? 



I'm reading Tom Hanks' new book, "Uncommon Type" and the Bush sisters' book, "Sisters First" came out yesterday. I started reading it last night and already LOVE it so much. I love sisters, twins, twin sisters and the Bush family...it's a win all the way around!!



What I'm listening to...
I think last month's What's Up Wednesday I posted about Eric Church's "61 Days in Church" playlist on all streaming sites. Volume 2 is now available which includes a TON of cover songs that  you'll only hear at his concerts. I may love Volume 2 better than the first!!


I'm also listening to this book on Audible. 


Things to know about me: I'm a HUGE Carol Burnett fan. HUGE. I LOVE listening to her tell these stories!! I realize, this is probably putting the final stamp into my old lady card, but that's ok. I have aches and pains when I get up in the mornings, I can't ride in a car longer than 2-3 hours anymore without having to get out and "stretch my legs", and I think Carol Burnett is one of if not the best comedic actresses Hollywood has ever produced.

What I'm wearing...
These pants on repeat! 


I found them at Old Navy on a whim a few weeks ago and love them so much!! Dress them up or down and they're flattering!

What we're doing this weekend...
We're probably going to have to skip our church group's Halloween party Friday night. It doesn't START until 7:30. Which is bedtime for the girls. Unless we come up with a babysitter plan, looks like we'll be sitting it out this year. 


Saturday we'll enjoy an annual Family Reunion with my mom's dad's family. He is the last sibling of 12 still living. It is SO special to him that so many people still come to this reunion. I know it's one of his favorite days of the year. 

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Thanksgiving! By far. I love this day for so many reasons. There are no gifts involved, no pressure, no shopping like mad people, no stress, just genuine enjoyable time with family. It's warm, cozy and all the fuzzy feelings!! We'll travel about an hour that morning to have lunch at Stephen's grandmother's house and then later that afternoon have an early dinner with my mom's family. 


What else is new...
Off the top of my head, nothing new. We've had such a busy October...I can't believe it's over next week already!! 

Happy Wednesday friends. Be sure to check in with Shay to see what everyone else is up to this month! 


2 comments

  1. Oh the girls...how tiny last Halloween. I can't wait to see their pictures this year! I would have went East to see them too! :)
    Good thinking going ahead and working on planning for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true about Thanksgiving and I can't believe how much the girls have grown this year. Praying you had a good appointment! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.