10 Favorite Photos from 2017

I've been looking forward to this particular linkup for months now!! Thanks so much Erin for hosting this fun monthly series! The disclaimer I will add is that this post solely revolves around our girls; it's the phase of life we are in and the phase of life we are loving. 


First off let me just say this is my very favorite 10 on the 10th topic for this year and also the hardest. Hence, you will see a few "almost made the Top 10 list" at the end. 

|one| 


I remember receiving this picture from Stephen's aunt one afternoon while I was at work. I was having a horrible day and at the time had been dealing with that ever dreaded "mom guilt" for weeks at that point. I've often gone back to this photo knowing that my girls are well loved and protected with my in law's while I'm at work. Hopefully I'm showing them how important they are to me by being a full-time working mom. Providing for our family so they can have all they need. This photo was a game changer for me in the mom guilt department. I knew I was doing what was best for our family and I could see the bright, big future in glittering eyes! 

|two|


This was the first time one of them got into the toilet paper which I know is a common hobby among toddlers. I remember thinking "Ok...here we go!" I just knew the mischievousness was about to come raining down. 

|three|


My grandpa turned 90 in August. He's always been a spry one, until this year. This year, we've seen his health experience some bumps in the road and his overall demeanor diminish some. It's a part of life that we all know, but it's hard to watch the ones you love so dearly become feeble and just not the same as you've always known them. I usually take the girls over to their house at least once a week and it always seems to brighten his day. I love being able to share my girls with my Pa and Ma. 

|four|


The day I've dreamed about for so long. Celebrating a first birthday party for my own children. This day was so much fun! 

|five|


The worth of a good nap is not lost on me. Our girls are good nappers when they're napping right beside you or cuddled up on you. I never want to forget these sweet, quiet moments spent with them. 

|six|


At 10 months old and thanks to her Aunt Ashley, Amelia became a selfie perfectionist. I love all of the photos like this we all have saved on our phones. She's such a joy! 

|seven|


For months, and months and months, I snapped pictures of the girls every Sunday morning. At this point, I can't remember the last time I did this. Our girls are just on the move too much these days. Getting a still shot of them sitting peacefully beside each other in a chair is a thing of the past. This particular picture I just loved!! Amelia had been able to wear a hairbow for a few weeks but on this Sunday I got one to stay in Mae's hair for the first time, she had on a new dress and her first two teeth had finally popped through. I remember telling her she was just showing off that morning with her dress, hairbow and teeth...she just seemed so proud of herself!! 

|eight|


The love and pure adoration our girls have for our nephews is ridiculous. And the feeling is mutual. The four of them make each other laugh so very hard. The girls soak up every second they can get watching these boys...indoor hockey at Granna and Granddad's included. 

|nine|


I remember taking this photo and just being SO thankful at that very moment. Amelia had been a very sick little girl. We had made multiple trips to the pediatricians' office, spent a night in the ER, had a couple of small procedures done...she was PITIFUL. A few hours after we had been home from the procedure she started playing in the floor and started jabbering and smiling like her old self. I knew the week she had had was incomparable to what so many other parents had experienced with their own sick babies, but this was our sick baby and it was a lonnng, hard week. It truly felt like the beginning of seeing a light at the end of the tunnel when she gave her sweet smile for this picture. 

|ten|


This photo was taken as part of their 1 year session. There is NO better way to say adios to the sweet cuddly infant stage and welcome in the chaotic toddler phase than with these two expressions. Oy vey. 

|The runner-ups....|


Babies in swimsuits on the beach...how did this not make the top 10?!?


365 days of momming with these two. 


I don't expect to take another "good" family photo where everyone is happily looking AT the camera until they're at least 7 or 8 maybe. So between now and then, I'll take these candid family shots every day! 


A couple weeks ago, we snuck away quietly one Saturday and met up with our photog friend Matt for some more family shots. I promise I'll share more later because as always, they are ahhhhhmazing, but for now, here's a sneak peek of our most recent shots and are worth every drop of drool I've lost on them. 



My favorite thing ever...being a mom to these two wild banshees of mine. 

Oh 2017, you've been such a sweet, sweet year. I'm going to miss you dearly but will be ever so thankful to look back on my favorite photos to remember you by!

4 comments

  1. Oh my GOSH! I love every single one of them. The girls are precious! Motherhood suits you friend!!
    Can't wait to see more of your family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me tear up at your sweet words, these are all so beautiful and truly even on the hardest days motherhood's the greatest gift!!! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick a favorite picture because they are so perfect and meaningful!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo number 10 is my favorite! You can really see the girls' personalities so well in that photo.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.