Its' The Blended Blog's last TBB Asks for the year! I've loved these prompts and link ups so much! Here's what we're asking and answering for December...

Real or Fake Tree?
Fake. I don't remember ever having a real tree. In fact, I don't remember anyone in our family ever having a real tree. I don't think it's as big of a thing around here as in other areas.
Favorite Christmas Cookie?
The memories are flooding back with this one! Every year, my mom would let me help her make Christmas Cookies. She called them butter cookies..and for good reason. We'd dig out our Christmas Cookie Cutters, all the red and sprinkles we had in the house, and she'd always play The Beach Boys Christmas cassette. Yes, cassette.
Home on Christmas morning or travel?
We were always home until about 10am and then would head over to spend the day at my grandparents' house. This year, my grandparents have asked to have Christmas morning at my aunt's house. We've been packing our family into their small house for years and no one minds, but it's time. And my 90 year old grandpa has had a decline in health in recent months. It'll be bittersweet that morning when we're not in their house, but if we're all together, that's what matters most.
Clear or colored lights?
Growing up we always had colored lights, but I've always had clear. I love both but there's something so classic about clear!
Send Christmas Cards?
YES.
Favorite Christmas Present Received?
I was pretty smitten with Polly Pocket and Barbie back in the day. The OG Polly and Barbie that is. One year, I got the first "playset" that came out for PP and was beside myself! I played with that thing forever and a day. One year, I got an Ice Cream Stand set for Barbie. It made real ice cream, only my parents never bought the ice cream making kit for it. It had tiny sundae cups, banana split cups, tables with parlor umbrellas...it was presh.
Favorite Christmas Present Given?
I'm not the best gift giver because I tend to err on the side of practicality or just straight up tell me what you want and I'll go get it. My dad is a good gift giver; he puts thought into his gifts for us. There are certain gifts that I look forward to being able to give the girls as they grow. I can't wait to give them my old handmade dollhouse one day!
Stockings or No Stockings?
They're my FAVORITE part!
They're my FAVORITE part!
Christmas PJs?
Not for myself but the girls already have 3 pair for this year.
Not for myself but the girls already have 3 pair for this year.
Favorite Christmas Carol?
It's not what I could say is a "carol", but Dean Martin's "It's a Marshmallow World" is my favorite Christmas song!
Favorite Holiday Tradition?
Christmas morning at my grandparents' is by far what stands out to me to be "CHRISTMAS!" closely behind that is a newer tradition my immediate family has started. A few years ago, my dad started doing a game with us after we opened all of our gifts. He puts ALOT of time into creating the game, collecting gifts, cards, cash, making props, etc. It's a mix of Price is Right meets Let's Make a Deal. He makes is SO much fun for us. We all look forward to it every year now.
Early Shopper or Last Minute?
I'm a good mix. I will always have everything completely done at least a week maybe two before Christmas. I'm trying to be one of those "done before December" people.
Favorite Christmas Movie or Show?
I love watching Christmas Vacation and Home Alone multiple times through the season. BUT. A Christmas Story is probably my favorite. As soon as the 24 hour marathon starts on Christmas Eve night, I start getting all kinds of excited!! Christmas is so very near then!
Favorite Holiday Beverage?
OK, totally not traditional at all, but one of memory. For many, many years my parents hosted a get-together at our house for members of our church. My dad's a preacher and has been for longer than I've been alive. It was nothing unusual to have different families over for dinner at any given moment during the year, but at Christmas time, one specific Sunday night practically everybody came. My parents would make a ton of food, everybody else would bring food, and mom always made her punch. I don't even know if it has a real name beyond "Shirley's Punch". It's loaded with sugar, cherry koolaid mix, pineapple juice, ginger ale and something else, orange juice maybe? I can't remember. Anyways. She cooks it on the stove and then has to chill for hours. It is SO good, but only served around Christmas time. Why? Don't know...that's just when she makes it.
Cookies and Milk for Santa?
I don't remember doing this as a kid, but I do plan on doing this with our girls as they grow up.
Such a fun time of the year filled with so many warm and comforting memories!

I will take some of your mom's punch! Sounds wonderful! We always did milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and now that I think of it, my sister and I never got to pick out the cookies for Santa...my mom did! Smart woman haha! And yes to the OG Polly Pocket--how did we ever play with something so small??
ReplyDeleteSarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts
The mess of a real tree alone is why I'm 100% Team Fake! And Shirley's Punch sounds amazing.
ReplyDelete