Happy Wednesday friends! I'm so excited to be linking up one last time this year for What's Up Wednesday!! Let's get to it!!!
|What we're eating this week...|
Stephen had to work Monday night so I took the girls over to my parents house to eat dinner there. Hey when your mom calls and says come over and eat, you go.
Last night, he picked up dinner at a new BBQ not far from our house on the way home. I got a loaded BBQ potato and it was SO good and huge. I could only eat half and I'm pretty sure it's going to make a great leftover lunch for tomorrow!
Tonight, we're having these Chicken Fajita Sliders I shared some time back.

Thursday we'll be back at my parents' house for dinner and Friday who knows. It seems like forever away at this point.
|What I'm reminiscing about...|
Timehop is KILLING me with all the photos and memories from this time just last year. Our sweet tiny babes.
I'm also being reminded of what life looked like 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 years ago with all the painting I did this time of year. The girls' room was originally my paint room and I would set up shop in there for days on end doing nothing but painting and watching my favorite movies. There are moments when I miss those days so much, but I wouldn't trade what we have today in that room for another day in the way the room used to be.
|What I'm loving...|
Yesterday my nephew's school chorus group came and sang carols in the hospital's main lobby. It was broadcast live to one of our TV channels so patients could watch in their rooms. They did such a great job! It's hard to see, but the balcony was lined full of spectators and the rest of the lobby behind me when I snapped this photo was packed with folks.
|What we've been up to...|
Um...sick. And we're so over it. Literally one of us, usually more than one of us have been sick off and on since mid November. Nuts. Last week and over the weekend, it hit the girls hard. By Monday, Stephen and I both had it. So on Monday, Stephen, Amelia and I all went to the doctor. Two days later, I can say we're on the mend and operating at about 60% which is such an improvement!
And at said Dr's appointment with little miss first thing that morning, she managed to grab a bag of yogurt melts before I could and the things went EVERYWHERE. All over the table, in our opened diaper bag, in the window sill, all over the floor...you get the idea.
|What I'm dreading...|
At the time nothing. Even with all the back and forth here and there we've got coming up from Sunday to Tuesday, it's time with family and memories made. It's alot of work to pack up two toddlers to travel here and there and in between, but it's worth it at the end of the day.
|What I'm working on...|
I started working on purging closets again this week. I swear I feel like I do this every few months in the girls' room with how fast they grow.
|What I'm excited about...|
I've been seeing all the fun "Favorite Things" parties float around social media and I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but waiting until after the holidays and thinking of a Valentines' theme! Our Favorite Things We LOVE party! I'm searching Pinterest and getting some ideas together for a fun night with my best gal pals!
|What we're watching / reading...|
Season 4 of The Great British Baking Show is on Netfilx as is The Crown Season 2. We're finding it a bit harder to binge watch this year than last so we're soaking up the episodes...gradually.
As far as reading, we have two little chickadees obsessed with a certain llama. We've read all the little board books a million times over and have anxiously been waiting for this delivery in the mail! I may have squealed a little when I saw it on our doorstep last night!
|What I'm listening to...|
Michael, Harry and Dean. On repeat.
|What I'm wearing...|

I feel like I live in these Old Navy Stevie pants still. I'm fairly certain this is the 3rd time I've mentioned them in a blog post. I have them in black and in a wine color. They are SUPER comfy and pass for a dressier pant to wear to work.
|What we're doing this weekend...
I have plans to have our annual fancy Christmas breakfast at home. I usually do this the Saturday closest to Christmas. I bring out our Christmas colored fiesta, make a fun breakfast and just enjoy a lazy Saturday morning at home.
We'll also be having our traditional Christmas Eve lunch at Stephen's Grandmother's in Jamestown on Sunday. I love this get-together every year!! And then Sunday night, Stephen has a last minute gift he got the girls to assemble for Christmas morning. I had NO say in this purchase and it's been the first thing he's ever said he really wanted to get them. So here we are. I think they'll like and I think he'll love showing it to them!
|What I'm looking forward to next month...|
This is so lame, but I'm excited for The Bachelor to return. I lost interest for a few seasons, but with the surprising announcement of the new beau being Arie, I'm all kinds of on board to watch!

A new season of Bringing up Bates also starts in January, but it will be a few months before it hits Amazon Prime (which is where I watch it) but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. I love this family so much!! They love each other, support each other, the kids have taken different educational and career paths, there's weddings and babies and SO much laughter.
|What else is new...|
I bought these flannel sheets online at Target (because we still don't have one, and according to city officials will never have one because of our "demographics"...whatever. I digress.) Flannel sheets were on my 90 year old grandpa's Christmas list, so I ordered him a set in a plaid pattern and thought, you know who else would love flannel sheets? Stephen Stafford. Since they were on sale for under $20, I ordered us this fun Christmas truck print set and didn't stop there...I ordered the girls a flannel sheet for their cribs in...wait for it....
this fun llama print. Because we're just crazy about llamas lately! Also, I thought this might add a bit more warmth for them overnight. They sleep in their crib without a blanket or anything...when does that stop? When do you start giving them a blanket to sleep with. Not that either girl would use it. Well, Amelia would cuddle with it; Mae would probably throw the thing across the room.
(p.s. You all have a PASSION for flannel sheets I learned from the feedback you sent my way on my Instastories last week!)
Check in with Shay today to see everyone else's happenings. Happy Wednesday!









No comments
Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.