Life Lately - November

November...you know, that month that ended a week ago today. Those 30 days FLEW by didn't they!? We started the month with the girls' first haircut!!


MP had some wild strands around her left ear that she got shaped up. And Amelia got a good all-over trim. They both did SO good!!


Speaking of Amelia...she is BURSTING with so much personality these days. If she likes you, she loves you. If she doesn't know you, she could care less about you. 


She will NOT sit in a highchair to save her life. She does SOME better just in a booster seat pushed up against the table, but still not great. She's such a busy girl. 


And she's walking now, which means we have two babies who are walking. Which means, we are constantly chasing them and the words most used in our vocabulary are "No" "Stop" "No, ma'am." "Easy" and "No touch." 


Lord they are exhausting, but there's not a day that passes that I am EVER SO VERY thankful to have them!! 


Mae is Mae. She's happy 99% of the time. The other 1% she's fighting sleep or starving. Which let's be honest, we're all a little cranky when we reach those lows. 


We spent the month wearing our Fall Favorites as much as possible! 

On 11/11 we attended our friend Patrick's wedding to his bride Beth. This was a FUN wedding filled with old friends! Such a fun night out!!




The next day Emilee and I set out to attend as many Christmas Open Houses at all of our favorite local shops! Give us all the refreshments, spiced cider and holiday tunes..we were ready! 


One of us (hint, it was not me) may have left a pack of Arby's Sauce she found in her purse behind at one store while searching for a pen to enter for the door prize drawings. Seriously, you're just going to leave that there?! "Someone might need it." 

We proceeded to burn our tongues from HOT cider (her), spilling said hot cider all over oneself (me), rating each stop in categories of best deal, best holiday atmosphere, best beverage, and best refreshments. Overall, The Painted House won. Those of you local, are you really surprised though? It was the best kind of Sunday afternoon!

Let's see what else...I had a hair appointment and wound up with my hair lighter than it's ever been. It's been a love/hate relationship these first few weeks, but it's finally growing on me. I think. It was a big change. 


The night I came home from my hair appointment, Stephen had picked up the girls and I found them like this...


His response, "I had to get other stuff out of the car, so I just laid them in the floor thinking they'd wake up.....they didn't wake up." Insert eye roll. 

Our oldest nephew Riley turned 11 to which he informed my sister he was now a Pre-teen. I can't. Nope. Not ready. 


I cooked at home alot last month including a few pizza nights. Those are becoming some of my favorite dinners! 


My friend Amy snapped some pics of the girls with our nephews. Because duh, these will make great Grandparent gifts for Christmas! 


Thanksgiving Day we feasted at Stephen's grandmother's house. I just love this family...


And our three sets of twins! 




So much to be thankful for!


We wrapped up the month visiting Santa at the Saltbox again this year. It wasn't such an easy trip this time. 



Can you see Amelia's little piggy tails?! OH MY HEART! 


 And the difference in one year...WHOA! 


We managed to put up a minimal decorations this year and I opted to do something different with our mantel. I'll be sharing more of our decor next week. 


And what's a holiday without 3 out of 4 of us getting sick. I shared more about that loveliness in this post which is literally how we spent our last week of November. We're all good now though! 

Bring on all the Christmas Cheer!! 

3 comments

  1. Your pizzas look amazing, I will be over next time and I say NO ma'am a lot these days with my 2 year old ;). I love the girls holiday outfits...we got to enjoy that while it lasts because my 6 year old is now too big for such things...gasp! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizzas look amazing, I will be over next time and I say NO ma'am a lot these days with my 2 year old ;). I love the girls holiday outfits...we got to enjoy that while it lasts because my 6 year old is now too big for such things...gasp! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair, both dark and light! I just had my hair colored last evening and it's way darker than I wanted but it's the 1st step in a 3 step process to get some color correction worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.