A Day in the Life: Holiday Edition

Today, I'm joining up with Sarah and Victoria for their Most Wonderful Time of the Year series! We're sharing about a day in the life, holiday style! Everything I'm sharing is from Monday which was a cram, packed, running over, full day! Let's get to it...


I started my day around 5:30 on Monday morning. I was determined to get a quick shower and wash my hair but was quickly reminded we hadn't cleaned the tub after the girls' bath the night before. 


As I was getting ready, things went down hill. I was on track to leave early get to work early and then life happened. Naturally. Both girls woke up EARLY and were not happy at all. Usually, they will "talk" with each other from across the room in their cribs, play around in their beds, etc until we go in to get them. Not Monday. They were both crying uncontrollably from the moment they woke up. I took Mae Parker into our room and left her in bed with Stephen and rocked Amelia back to sleep, then took her to lay her in the bed with them when it was time for me to leave. 

Grabbed my bags, laid out clothes for the girls and off I went. 


I was settled in at work by 7:15, tamed hair and lip color in place. 


My days at work in a nutshell goes as follows: 

Meeting, answer 10 phone calls, respond to 23 emails, place 19 nineteen orders, put out 4 random fires. Repeat until 3:30pm. 


I picked up a new top at Old Navy over the weekend and I bet I picked that thing on my engagement ring and/or keyboard tray no less than 64 times during the day. UGH. SO annoying! 


Timehop has been SO bittersweet lately reminding me of my little babes from a year ago. A year ago Monday we attempted to go to church as a family of 4 for the first time, only to make it out to the car and find a dead battery and said car parked right behind our car thus leaving us stuck at home. Literally. All dressed up and no where to go. I remember being so sad that day...I was SO looking forward to getting out of the house! 


Stephen's mom sends me pics throughout the day and this one cracked me up. The girls are constantly taking things from each other, but MP has a tendency to taunt Amelia with whatever it is she's taken from her. I have ZERO doubt Amelia got the play phone back though. She's a scrappy one. 


I ended up leaving work a little early to run a couple of errands, one being dropping a package off in the mail that's headed to Jennifer at Sweet Little Lovings. She and I were paired up for an Ornament Exchange. 



We'll all be linking up with Johannah next Tuesday to show off what we received from our exchange partners! 

After a stop at the post office and another stop to drop off a large bag of baby food donations, I headed to pick up the girls. Stephen had to work Monday night, and the twins and I had party plans. 

Stephen's cousin was taking photos of the girls outside when I got there. I let them finish up and before we loaded up. We hurried home to get a dish in the oven to take to our party, change diapers, fill sippy cups and back to the car we headed. 

Our church ladies' Christmas Party and Ornament Swap was Monday night at my aunt and uncle's house. We had such a great time of fellowship with everyone and YUMMY holiday food!! As the party was wrapping up my uncle took the girls outside to see a a Mickey Mouse light on their front porch. After that we changed them into pj's, gave them their bedtime bottle and headed home. 


I turned on a Spotify playlist for the drive that we've been listening to lately. I am not ashamed to say this Christmas Lullaby playlist is SO precious and sweet. I may or may not have fallen asleep to it once or twice myself in the past couple of weeks. 


Both girls fell asleep on the way home, but Mae Parker woke up once Stephen got her out of the carseat. I rocked Amelia for just a few minutes to make sure she was good and asleep. 


Christmas Vacation was on tv, and I couldn't resist!! After I laid Amelia down, I took MP from Stephen and rocked her for a sweet forever before she finally gave it up. I ended the night unpacking our bags from the day and cleaning the bathroom floor and toilet, because what else is there to do at 10pm. 


Remember to visit with Sarah to see other's holidays Day in the Life! And, coming up in their series...

December 7th Christmas Gift Guide cohosted by Whimsical September
December 11th Christmas Card cohosted by Taz + Belly
December 12th Holiday Home Tour cohosted by Michaela Noelle Designs
December 13th Favorite Holiday Party Recipe cohosted by The Queen in Between

December 14th Favorite Meaningful Holiday Memories


3 comments

  1. What a GREAT day! I can't wait for the ornament exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet day! I laughed so hard at your tub and your description of work lol!! My day at work is like this: repeat myself 500 million times haha! Love that you said the girls usually talk to one another across the room--so sweet! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun linkup and I love peeking into people's days :) xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.