Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Recipe Club: Tropical Chicken Pizza


Today, I’m linking up with Andrea’s Recipe Club again to share a quick & yummy dinner! (Let’s be honest…I had you at quick…I had myself at quick.)

Tropical Chicken Pizza

I saw a couple recipes on line that were similar and pulled from both to come up with my own variation. I’ve only made this once, but it was a huge hit so I’m sure I’ll be making it again soon!!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Rotisserie Chicken (and the church said AMEN to those fine folks at the Kroger Deli and their rotisserie chickens!!)
1 Jar of Tropical Fruit, drained but reserve the juice
1 Jar of Chili Sauce
1 Can of Refrigerated Pizza Crust
1 Bag of Shredded Cheese (Use your favorite on this one!)
2 tsp Jerk Chicken Seasoning
2 tsp Garlic
Cilantro

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Unroll your pizza crust onto a greased pan and bake for 8  minutes.

Pull the meat off your chicken and shred.

Mix together the chili sauce, ¼ cup of the reserved fruit juice, garlic and jerk seasoning. (This part was trial and error. I used the whole jar of chili sauce….next time, I will probably use ¾ of the jar because to me it was just too much. It wasn’t spicy at all just too much sauce for my taste.)

Remove the crust from the oven and spread the sauce mixture on top leaving a 1 inch border around the pizza. Top with ½ the cheese, chicken, fruit, remaining cheese and cilantro. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly!!

That’s it!!! How stinkin’ easy is that?!?

We served this with just a bit more cilantro and a dash of crushed red pepper. You can add or take away whatever you’d like!


Quick throw together dinner for a busy Wednesday night and husband approved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.