Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!

Yikes….2 posts 1 day?! What?! Yes, because my blogger buds host different linkups on the same day! I love reading everyone’s posts that link up to this one, but I’ve never participated…today is the day!


What we’re eating this week…

I meal plan. Every week. I’m a HUGE fanatic and supporter of meal planning. I believe that it can save you money and more importantly save you a lot of frustration in the kitchen! That being said, here’s what’s on the menu for this week:
Monday: Chicken Lo Mein
Tuesday: Crockpot Pesto Chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli casserole

Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Mix and Match Mama’s Meatloaf Joe’s with oven baked fries (Typically Thursday is “family night” at my parents’ house, but this week our oldest nephew starts his Fall Ball schedule so we’ll be eating at home this week.)
Friday: Still up in the air on this one….got any suggestions?

What I’m reminiscing about…

The past few days, I’ve been reminiscing about our wedding almost 2 years ago. I’ll be (finally) posting all about our big day and the events leading up to it throughout the month of September. After we got married, I took a long blog break and started fresh and clean with a new site back in the Spring with the intention to share our most favorite day ever. Well, I’ve only managed to share one of my Bridal Showers and that’s been it. You can read about it here. So since September is anniversary month, I’ll be sharing all of our favorite memories and best photos with you all! 



What I’m loving…

THIS WEATHER. We’ve had a HOT summer this year so this week is a welcomed change of pace in middle TN. I mean it’s just gorgeous!! (I may have taken a not-so-shortcut around the block to get from one side of the hospital to the other yesterday…just to enjoy the warm sunshine, cool breeze and blue skies.)


What we’ve been up to…

Unfortunately, doctor’s appointments, blood draws, follow up visits…etc etc. Miscarriage is no joke and not for the faint of heart. I’m so thankful for an understanding boss who’s so great to just let me go and do whenever I have to to take care of these things. (You can read our story here.)

What I’m dreading…

Right now, I’m not dreading anything. High five!

What I’m working on…

I’m working on orders I received during my Christmas in July Sale! I have 7 to deliver this weekend and also working on some Fall art for customers from a Flash Sale last week!




What I’m excited about…

Vacation…next month…just me and the hubs…can’t come soon enough! I’m also excited about Bachelor Ben being chosen for the next season!! I feel like he’s going to be a “the good guy” much like our beloved Sean the Bachelor. 




What I’m watching / reading…

This Summer we’re watching Big Brother (Vanessa has GOT to go!), Bachelor in Paradise (Kirk & Carly forever!!) and just finished The Astronaut Wives’ Club. We LOVED watching AWC….if you missed it, catch it online or On Demand…it was SO GOOD!!


Reading wise, I took a break from my Kindle list and am trying to get caught up on my magazines. The pile was out of control. I’m slowly working my way through those to pull out recipe and ideas I want to keep before sending them to the recycling pile.



What I’m listening to…

This song is on repeat on my iPhone….gosh. Seriously, take the time to click play! (Unless you're one of those insane people who don't like Country music...I kid. But yeah, play it.)


What I’m wearing…

I’m starting to rely on transitional pieces from Summer into Fall. Dresses with darker cardigans or leggings and Pinterest Told Me To’s suggestion of pairing white, gray and gold. Sheaffer is a GENIUS! I luuuuuurrrrvvved this outfit! (P.S. this gold Old Navy necklace is getting a lot of wear time lately.)

What I’m doing this weekend…

Hopefully, a whole lot of nothing! The only planned thing for Saturday is a Baby Shower for Miss MaKenzie but other than that we’re FREE!



What I’m looking forward to next month…

Ummm…can I say VACATION again?!!


What else is new…

It’s apple picking season around here! Which means my annual trips (yes, trips..plural) with my grandma to the orchard and all the work that follows. Primarily we can the apples “cold pack” style as she calls it. Sometimes she freezes or dries some, but mostly cans them. Our family can EAT some of Ma’s fried apples. I am SO glad she’s teaching me these skills and I’m SO glad my fried apples taste just like her’s!



Be sure to check out Shay and Mel's sites to see everyone else's linkups for today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.