Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Goals Recap & July Goals

First off, I've been a little MIA lately. For two reasons that completely contradict each other.

1.      Life hasn't been very eventful lately.
2.      There’s been A LOT going on.

Ok, so there’s been stuff happening but nothing noteworthy of sharing. I doubt you want to hear about our trip to Sam’s where we were only going to buy 2 different boxes of trash bags and Clorox wipes and instead ended up buying the aforementioned AND two fancy beach chairs AND a fancy beach umbrella. Because yeah, we did. The expense of buying them outweighed what we pay for a week of rentals so it made since and we can use them for years to come. I mean the chairs have an insulated cooler attachment on them! Yes, please and may I have some more!

So like I said, we've been busy with life and all that comes with life but nothing worth sharing. (Except maybe those really awesome beach chairs which we may have tried out in our carport one night because well, we’re from Tennessee.)

I decided to combine my monthly goal recap & starter posts into one. Let’s take a quick look at what I set out to accomplish for June.


Remember I talked all about how I wanted to get a couple time consuming tasks done in June because our calendar was pretty clear for the month. Yeah, well, we were plenty busy enough with things that just popped up that our month wasn't as free as I thought it was going to be. However, we did manage to have two rather lazy weekends which was really nice.


1.      Organize receipts & household paperwork – Done and UP-TO-DATE! Whoo hoo!! Maybe this will keep me focused on staying on top of it through the remainder of the year.

2.      Purge Clothes Drawers – I’ll be honest. I completely forgot about this one until yesterday. You would think I would be easily reminded every Sunday night when I’m trying to stuff freshly laundered t-shirts back their drawer, but nope. The obvious eludes me sometimes.

3.      Host a get-together for friends! – We did this! We had dinner for four other couples and another couple ended up coming over with their new baby after dinner. We ate outside, the boys played a couple games of Can-Jam, we laughed, several DubSmash videos were made….it was a good night. Such a good night spent with friends, that I didn't take the first picture. But believe me, it was grand.

4.      Finish two more books – Eh, I only read one…”Fly Away Home” by Jennifer Weiner. I found this author through other bloggers’ recommendations so I thought I’d give it a try. I really enjoyed this book. Was it one to be added to my favorites list? No, but it was good.


5.      Decide on Christmas in July Sale – Well friends, I debated on doing this or not and I finally decided that it was worth it. I’m going to be a little more strict this year on the details and my scheduling which I think will help me out in the end. So be on the lookout if you’re interested!! First sale item happens Monday, July 20th with other deals throughout the week!!


Now for what I've got in mind for July!!!



1.      Finish one book – Since I didn't meet this goal last month, I decided to scale it back to be more reasonable for this month. I love to read, but I have to MAKE myself MAKE time for it. To me, there’s always something else that needs to be done or something else I should be doing. So realistically, one book is a good number for me. I envy those that can ready 4 or 5 in a month….like my dad. Over-achiever.

2.      Complete Guest Room remodel – Bedding has been purchased. Room has been painted. Furniture has been rearranged. I just need to get things hung on the wall and call it a day! (Which would entail finding things to hang on the wall first.)

3.      LISTS!! – I've got lots of lists to make. More on that later on. There’s a lot coming up to plan for and get organized! (And, I just really enjoy a good list!!)

4.      Purge Clothes’ Drawers – This is simply just a carry-over from my failure last month. Womp-womp.

5.      Christmas in July Sale!! – As  mentioned earlier this will begin on Monday, July 20th. I never know what kind of response I will get but last year I was BLOWN AWAY. Can’t wait to show off some goodies for this year!!

6.      Start cleaning out closet in back bedroom – We have one bedroom that has done nothing but served as my “paint room” and store just random junk since the day we moved in last Summer. It’s time to purge and get it all moved out, straightened up and cleaned up! I’m not saying this will be completed this month notice I said “START”…haha, I giving myself a little wiggle-room with that one!

That's it! It's shaping up to be an exciting Summer!! Can't wait to share it all with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.