Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Recipe Club: Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


I'm linking up again with Andrea for her monthly recipe club! Today we're making Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. Or Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies. Or Cow Patties. Or Chocolate Drop Cookies. You get the idea....you've probably heard these things called a million different names just like I have. 

The point is though, they're delicious! You probably have a recipe already for these, but this is the one that my mom and I use and swear by! 


Several years ago, our local Walmart published a cookbook filled with employees' recipes. It was a fundraiser, and my mom snagged a copy. There are some great cooks at our Walmart...just sayin'. 

Here's what you'll need...



I omitted the nuts because I hate nuts in my food. By themselves, ok. Candy bars, ok. Food...no. 

Back to the recipe...melt your butter, add the milk, cocoa, and sugar. 




Mix it all together...


Bring to a rolling boil. This is the IMPORTANT part. TRUST ME. I may or may not have messed these up before because of this step. And by "messed up", I mean they were ruined...trashed those puppies and start all over again.

ONLY LET IT BOIL FOR 1 MINUTE AND REMOVE IT FROM THE HEAT!

After you remove from heat, stir in the peanut butter, oats & vanilla. *DO NOT* I REPEAT *DO NOT* stir in these last ingredients while it's still on the stove and boiling. You will be disappointed. I speak from noble experience.


After you've stirred in the last ingredients, spoon them out onto foil or wax paper and let them sit until they have firmed. 

You can make them as big or small as you'd like. I used a heaping teaspoon full for this batch and it made about 30 cookies. 


Store them in an air-tight container and they'll keep forever....but they won't last forever. (Unless you're Stephen Stafford who doesn't like these cookies! WHY didn't I know these things BEFORE we got married?!)

I've heard of adding coconut to these cookies or substituting creamy peanut butter for crunchy peanut butter. But, why fix something that's not broken, right? : )

These are a quick treat to throw together for your family or any summer gathering you may be attending. (Or in my case for your co-workers because I certainly do NOT need to eat 30 of these on my own, haha.)

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. These sounds delicious!!!! I just found ya through the link up!! Love your blog, can't wait to read more! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.