10 on the 10th - For the Love of Our Home


Today we're linking up with Erin to share 10 Things We Love About Our Home! I'm so excited to see what everyone is sharing about their home! 

|one|
Our people.

The most obvious reason is the people that make our house a home. Not only myself, Stephen and our girls, but all of the friends and family that so often come through our doors. Our people make our house our beloved home! 


|two|
Location. Location. Location. 

This was SO important to us when house shopping. Both of our families live relatively in the same area of town. It was top on our list of "must have's" that we be in the same area. We are 4 minutes from my parents, 10 minutes from Stephen's parents, and 2 minutes from my grandparents. I love being able to just run over to my grandparents' house just because or if they call and need help with something we're so close to be able to do that for them! 


|three|
My White Kitchen

Yes, I'm one of those girls who just swoons over a white kitchen. I remember seeing my first white kitchen when I was 12 I think. I was a goner! Our house was the 10th or 12th we had looked at and when I walked into the kitchen, I knew this was going to be our home! 

This photo is quite old. The floors are different, the rugs are gone, the curtain is different, there's more clutter now because of bottles and other baby paraphernalia...and not to mention the mass amounts of plastic bowls and cups all over the floor because Amelia and Mae love to play with them when I'm in there. 

|four|
The Rose Bush

When we moved in, we seriously talked about removing a huge eye sore in front of the house. It was this out out of control rose bush that appeared dead and it was sprawling in all directions. We decided to wait until the following year to see if it did anything, and boy did it ever! It blooms the most beautiful light pink roses every Spring and then a few more in LATE Summer. We gave it a little TLC by cutting some of the dead out, adding a trellis for it to grow against and overall just tamed the beast.  


|five|
The Yard

Having a big yard wasn't on our priority list, but we ended up with one. We have a good size front yard, and a HUGE back yard! I know the girls will love playing back there one day soon! 

|six|
Our Nephews Home Away From Home

Our nephews love to come over to our house. I'm sure the day will come when our house isn't the cool hang out spot like it is now, but I'm relishing in it while it lasts. I love that they love to come to our home and spend time with us. I love that they ask to spend the night and weekends with us. I remember growing up and loving to spend time at my aunt and uncle's house as often as they and my parents would let me. It's fun being on the other end as an adult and appreciating our nephews love for us! 


|seven|
The Mantle

This seems like a no-brainer if you've been reading along with us for any time at all. I love decorating and SEASONAL decorating! Our mantle makes for a great decorative focal point in our living room. I just love the mix of brick and the white mantle. 






|eight|
Blogging Inspiration

After we purchased our home and got settled, my desire to blog again started creeping in on me. I had a blog way back in the days of dating as a single girl conquering the world, but it faded away as our wedding got closer and I didn't have the time. Eventually, I just let it go all together. Then I was a wife, a homeowner and hopeful mom...the perfect mix to be a blogger, haha! The directions we were giving to our house were SUPER SIMPLE and always ended with "turn left across from xyz and we're the second house on the right." It hit me like a brick between the eyes one day...THAT WOULD BE A GREAT BLOG NAME!! I ran it by a few of my friends and ran with it. I was back in the blogging business! 

|nine|
Amelia & Mae Parker's Room

As much as I love my white kitchen, I love our girls' room even more. I love that there is no certain theme and we worked with different colors, patterns and textures to make this space to come together perfectly. I love watching them play in the floor and rocking one to sleep at night in this quiet room. I love their smiles and laughs in the morning when I open the door to get them up. I love the pure joy that fills this room! 


|ten|
Ours.

I don't know if this will be our forever home or not. I like to think it will be, but who knows. We could CERTAINLY use more space, but we are committed to "making due." We love our home, and we love that we've made this little place ours. 


7 comments

  1. I love how you decorate your mantel for each holiday. Your white kitchen is so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of you and your girls and that last one of you and your hubby are precious. I love a good white kitchen too but I have dark cabinets for now, it was the one thing I could not change when we built. I love your girls room too, it is so cute! The roses are beautiful and I love that your nephews love to come over. So sweet you can be near them! Thanks for linking up, sweet friend. xoxo ERIN. PS I love your blog name and now I know where it came from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your space. They girls room is just beautiful. I love your white kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful space! Love the backyard and I so miss having a mantle

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so sweet! I want a white kitchen now and love yours! And yes to having a mantle that can be decorated!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty home! What a blessing to live so close to your families. Decorating my mantel is something I look forward to doing every month. I'm with you on the white kitchen. It's on my wish list of projects to update around our house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful home! I love your white cabinets, and I love all the colors you used in your nursery! But most of all I love how close you are to your family. My family is the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.