I can’t believe we’re at the end of September already!!
Today’s we’re sharing what all we’re up to!! Be sure to check in here to see
others’ posts today!
What we’re eating this week…
Monday night I made Andrea’s Chicken Pot Pie. I changed out the
pie crust for crescent rolls and peas for green beans. Such good comfort food
and great leftovers!
One night, I’m hoping for a dinner out to celebrate our
anniversary. We’ll more than likely have Breakfast for Dinner tomorrow because it’s
quick, easy and we have somewhere to be at 6pm. Friday will be a grab and go
since we’ll be setting up for the girls’ birthday party!
What I’m reminiscing about…
I’ve been thinking a lot the past few weeks about where we
were one year ago. All the preparations we were making. All the contractionsand hospital visits I was having. All the shots and meds to prolong everything.How we had NO clue the girls would be born in just a few days so unexpectedly.How I thought I for sure had at least 3 more weeks left.
And I’ve also been thinking about 4 years ago as our wedding
approached. 4 years ago today we were celebrating our Rehearsal and Dinner the
night before our wedding! 4 is such a small number but feels like forever ago!!
What I’m loving…
I’m loving seeing everyone’s Fall decorations! I’m hoping
MAYBE by the small chance of a miracle to grace our house with some pumpkins
and leaves tonight. We’ll see. I’m not holding my breath at this point.
What we’ve been up to…
Tying up loose ends for the party on Saturday and cleaning
out closets and drawers. Once the girls are done with clothes, they’re done. I
pack it up and get it out. We just don’t have the space.
What I’m dreading…
Nothing.
What I’m working on…
I’ve only printed a small handful of photos from the girls’
first year these past 12 months, and those are in frames either at home or in
my office at work. My goal was to have ALL the pics from my phone, camera and
Stephen’s mom’s phone printed and organized in an album by their first
birthday. I have them all printed, mostly in order, and albums bought. Now I
just have to put them in. Which I’m totally preparing myself to cry like a baby
as I do this.
What I’m excited about…
Are you tired of the word “party” in this post?? But
seriously y’all. These girls. They are our answered prayers. I cannot wait to
celebrate them this weekend!! They are loved by SO many!!
What I’m watching / reading…
Big Brother is over. *Spoiler alert if you’ve not
finished the season yet…skip ahead* My thoughts...
Paul is the greatest
player in Big Brother history. For game play, he deserved to win again this
year, but came up one vote short. Did anyone else feel like he was genuinely
sad when they announced Josh as the winner and they both exited the house to
the outside and during the final camera shots?? I felt so sorry for him! He
PLAYED the game and because Alex and Jason were bitter about his hand in their
evictions, he walked away in 2nd place again.
(Did you see this JOKE of a comp??! Paul orchestrated every.single.move. He's a genius and those people were blind or dumb or star-struck one.)
I have a love/hate
relationship with Cody. I was indifferent to Raven while she was in the house,
but once she was evicted, good grief she’s awful. I don’t think any of the
show-mances will last. I’m curious to see what B-List celebrities compete this
winter in the first Celebrity Big Brother.
If you saw my blog post yesterday, I shared all about
Melanie Shankle’s new book, Church of the Small things! You can see my post
here to catch up. The book releases next Wednesday, but you can pre-order now
to snag some fun bonus material!!
What I’m listening to…
The fine team behind my beloved Eric Church have put
together playlists from his most recent tour. 61 Days in Church Volume 1 isstreaming on Spotify now! It’s been on
repeat all week in my office. I just love going to his concerts….all 15+ times
I’ve gone! Listening to a live album just brings back so many fun memories!
What I’m wearing…
I WISH I was wearing all the comfy fall layers, leggings,
boots, etc. But no. It’s 90 degrees. I’m sticking to simple basics until the
weather decides to get its act together. Solid color tees, jeans or dress pants.
What we’re doing this weekend…
As if you’ve not figured this one out yet. Saturday is our
girls’ FIRST birthday party!! Rise & Shine It’s Donut Time!!
What I’m looking forward to next month…
All the goodness that the month of October brings!! As long
as the weather cools down first!
What else is new…
Well, my husband’s family has opened an Escape Game in our
town. Life for our family has been an absolute whirlwind since the end of July.
It’s been open for a couple of weeks, and so far is going very well.
Bonus Question!! What TV show are you most excited about
this Fall?
I’m sure this is going to be a common answer in today’s
linkup, but I’m so excited for “This is Us”! I’m still a hardcore Scandal fan;
last season was a little less than thrilling, but I’m sure this season which is
the last will be great!
And when does Food Network’s Holiday Baking Championship
start?!?! Because we LOVE that show!!
Have a great Wednesday friends!!

















Oh My Gosh....I'm so excited for the girls party on Saturday. I'm going to be stalking social media to get a glimpse... hehehe.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for all things Fall! But we need cooler temps! HA
Did you watch last night's This Is Us! Seriously they do it to me every time, mind blown! I am so excited for you for the girls party, what a special celebration it will be :). A year goes by in a blink but holds a lifetime of memories, doesn't it! xoxo ERIN
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe the girls are already one! They are just such little angels. Hope you guys have a super time celebrating. Heading to check out that spotify list NOW!
ReplyDeleteShelly | The Queen in Between