TBB Asks September Edition - Back to School!

It's time to link up with The Blended Blog for their monthly Q&A! 


Love School or Hate it?
For the most part, I enjoyed school. Somewhere during my middle school years, I didn't care for it much, but I ended up meeting a great group of friends (who I'm still the best of friends by the way) that helped get me through the bad days!

Start school before or after Labor Day? 
Mostly before Labor Day, towards the end of August. Now they start school at the end of July here! My Senior Year started late due to unapproved school budgets. Get your act together School Board! Our first full day of Senior Year, was September 11, 2001. Yeah. Needless to say, that day we were all glued to the tv's in every classroom. 

Wake up Eager Beaver or Slow Poke?
I've always been a morning person! 

Favorite Breakfast?
On Tuesday mornings, my mom always fixed Chocolate Gravy & Biscuits. #amen The older we got, a few times some friends would show up on Tuesday mornings! 

Favorite Cereal?
I ate my share of Frosted Flakes back in the day!
School Uniform or No?
We did not have a uniform, but a strict dress code. 

New outfit for first day? 
Not usually. I remember going shopping for Fall and Winter clothes, but not necessarily a first day of school outfit. I did, however, usually have a new pair of shoes on the first day!

Walk to School or Ride the Bus?
Neither. I was a "car rider". My mom dropped me off in the mornings and either she or my grandma would pick me up. Until Junior year when I started driving myself.

Backpack, tote or messenger bag?
Backpack until High School, then I carried my books in my arms and a purse. Backpacks had to be mesh or clear plastic...no thanks. I'll just lug around the extra 20 lbs in my hands. 

Eat school lunch or bring lunch?
I brought my lunch 90% of the time. Occasionally in elementary school, I would buy it on Pizza or Taco Days. #squarepizzatastesbetter

White or Chocolate milk?
White

Paper Bag or Lunch Box?
Lunch Bag to be exact. 

Favorite thing to do at recess?
The Swings or sit around and talk with friends

Favorite Back to School Supply Item?
ANYTHING Lisa Frank! 

Chalkboard or Dry Erase board?
I remember having both.

Regular Pencil or Mechanical?
Again, I remember having both. 

Homework as soon as you got home or after dinner?
I never had too much homework, but when I did, I tried to get it out of the way unless it was just studying for a test and I preferred to do that as late as I could. 

Favorite after school snack? 
Microwave Popcorn

Favorite After School Show?
Hey, Dude!

Favorite Subject?
English

Least Favorite Subject in School?
Math

Name of your Best Friend in High School?
Friend(S)...Emilee, Amy & Molly

High School Mascot?
Cavalier

SAT or ACT?
I can't remember!! SAT maybe? Anybody local remember?

Favorite Year in School?
Senior Year was probably my favorite! I enjoyed 2nd and 6th grade too! 

Class Ring or No Class Ring?
Umm..yes! Hello, Jostens!

Attend or not attend high school reunions?
I didn't go to our 10th reunion 5 years ago. I feel like the people I'm most interested in, I keep up with via social media and still am in contact with. I honestly feel like the ones I never spoke to or don't remember, we probably wouldn't sit down and chat at a reunion. We had over 400 in our class...I just don't remember many of them anymore. 

I love these linkups so much! Click on over to the linkup to see other's Back to School answers! Thanks for the walk down memory lane! 






1 comment

  1. I can't believe your school year started late your senior year because of budgets--that's so crazy! And we had the strictest dress code,too. Every morning after the pledge we had to "remain standing for dress code inspection"...it was insane. Now the same school doesn't even have a dress code anymore.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.