August - come and gone. Just 4 more months left of this year?!? It's about this time every year that I finally get used to writing the correct year on anything I have to date! #truestory
Here's a recap of our month!
We kicked off the month with one sick baby. I'll share more next week in their 11th month post, but this little girl had a TOUGH go of it! I can now relate to all of those moms that I've ever heard say they wish they could take the pain their child is going through and go through it themselves for the child. I would in a heartbeat over and over again if it meant not having to see her hurt like that again.
And then there's her sister who is a force to be recoked with these days. She's our little destructor and doesn't know her own strength....which by the way, do NOT go hand in hand. She is into EVERYTHING!
and often will drag her sister into her mischief...
I swear, if all of their party supplies make it to the 30th all entact, it will be nothing short of a miracle.
We enjoy our Sunday dress-up's!
And have gladly been sporting mostly hand-me-down's this month from our friends Lillie, Olivia and Allison.
We started letting the girls eat "table food". Some things have been great successes, and others have been a mess. Success: black beans...
Disaster: Quinoa...never again until they're 16.
Our little town was a direct point on the map for the "Great American Eclipse". Hotels between here, Nashville and into Kentucky have been booked for months. Rest Areas along the interstate had to shut down because they were at capacity, all the state parks were closed at capacity, campgrounds were closed...this was a HUGE deal. And I have to admit, when it came our way at 1:29pm, it was pretty spectacular to experience!
The temperature dropped significantly, there was an eerie peace and quietness fall over our town, and the setting was breathtaking. And 2 minutes and 32 seconds later, it was over, the sun would soon be fully revealed and the temperature creep back up into the 90's.
Our girls won't remember this grand event, but they sure tried to find their way outside that day! Stupid glass door.
My parents went on vacation last week, and I just couldn't let Thursday night pass without our traditional Thursday Night Family Night dinner. I threw together a lasagna and called it good.
Our living room was a wreck from the girls playing with everything they could get their hands on, so I didn't even bother to set the table or make an actual eating area. It was every man for himself. Hey, at least we were all fed!
The girls first wore these palm tree Carter's dresses on vacation and I had forgotten how cute and comfy they were! I stumbled across them in the closet over the weekend and knew it had to be their Sunday dress before Summer slipped away from us!!
I hosted Bunko Monday night and served chicken nachos, tacos, etc for dinner. I simply threw in 6 large chicken breasts in the crock pot along with 2 onions, 4 green peppers and 2 packs of taco seasoning. I cooked it all on high for about 4 hours then low for 4 hours. It was a FULL pot! When it was done, I shredded everything up, sat out multiple toppings, tortillas and chips and then let everybody assemble as they wish. Easy peasy! We had a great night, but our actual Bunko playing is becoming less and less the more we do these things. We just enjoy sitting around and talking more than anything. It's easily one of my favorite nights of the month!
And THEN, the next day, I had a horrible migraine. Like the kind that sends you bed, don't turn on the lights or open the blinds kind of migraine. By middle of the day, I managed to make it to living room and turned on the tv to start catching up on the last season of Bringing Up Bates on Amazon Prime Video. As soon as the opening credits started rolling, the bright white background suddenly changed my mind and watching tv was clearly not going to be a good idea. I hate migraines.
We wrapped up the month celebrating my grandpa's 90th birthday! He's such a special man and loved by so, so many people. I love to hear him laugh and tell stories of his younger days....
especially the stories where he makes himself laugh. Those are my favorites!
September is here! This weekend we're celebrating my cousin, Abby's wedding tomorrow and then HOPEFULLY welcoming a new baby into the family on Sunday! I hope you have a great weekend with your favorite people!
Linking with Erin!




















The girls are getting so big! They really do need to stop all that business! Oh how I miss the "getting into everything" stage! I promise you will miss it one day too! Their palm tree dresses are adorable!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Oh my gosh! The girls are getting big. I can't wait to see them walking... you are going to be one tired lady chasing the two of them.
ReplyDeleteGosh darn it I am so mad at technology and that I let you down! I loved that you linked up and I sure hope next month I can join you! Love those girls in their dresses!!!
ReplyDelete