Day in the Life

Happy Labor Day! If you're off work, enjoy your day...if you're at work, make the best of it!

I'm 99% sure other Day in the Life posts have been recorded on Thursdays. Why stop that trend? What is it about Thursdays?!? 

Since the girls are sleeping later these days, I sleep a little later too. Most days I get up between 5:30 and 6, this day I was pushing that later limit! 


The remnants of Hurricane Harvey were expected to make it TN on this day so my phone was flooded (no pun intended) with weather updates all day. 

I checked on the girls as I got ready and both were sound asleep. 


You can't see Amelia because she always finds her way hunkered into a corner of her crib. Bless her. 


In the meantime, Stephen got up not long after me and was out the door by 6:20. He's recently changed jobs and MAN is that a story and a half for another day! 

I had a girl from work want to buy a few of the girls' clothes I had recently posted on their closet sale Instagram account so dug those out to take with me. 


The girls woke up a little before 6:30, I finished getting ready and then went to get them up and change diapers. 

Stephen's dad didn't have to go into work until later in the day, so came and picked the girls up at 6:45 and I left for work right behind them. I gotta say, I love the mornings he comes to get them! Makes this mama's morning a bit less hectic! 

On the way to work, I got stuck behind my arch nemesis...the school bus. UGH. We live right off a main highway and it's stop and go and stop and go all the way into town. I managed to answer a few quick work emails during the stops. 


Once I got settled at work, I grabbed breakfast in the cafeteria and got started on a ton of invoices. Our hospitals' cafeteria is pretty good, but breakfast is my favorite down there! They have so many options every day! On this day I opted to go with the yogurt bar, and kept it simple with blueberries and granola. 


Stephen's mom sends us pics of the girls during the day...


like usual, they were having the time of their lives at Lolli & Pop's house. 


My work day was pretty well consumed by invoices, payment processes, and new orders. (and of course emails but that's a given...they never stop!) I spent ALOT of money that day...glad it wasn't from my own pocket! haha 

For lunch, I met my aunt, cousins and MY MOM at a local Italian restaurant. Y'all I can't remember the last time I had lunch with my mom during the work week. My aunt and cousins, yes, every now and then. My mom is off work on Thursdays and the stars aligned just right and she was able to join us. We had such a nice time!


And then reality set in and it was back to work for a few more hours. After work, I had to run a couple quick errands at a local florist and the post office then I swung by our house to pick up bottles for the girls and headed to pick them up. I wait all day to see their sweet faces! Normally I get them around 4, but today it was after 4:30. 


Per our usual on Thursdays, we headed to my parents house for dinner. My sister and her family weren't able to come because Fall Ball and middle school Basketball have started, so their lives are covered up with running back and forth between the school gym and ball fields. 


The girls played and played and we kept an eye on the weather. There were many tornado and flash flood warnings popping up all around Nashville headed our way. 


This girl didn't mind though. She was too busy having all the fun! I just LOVE how she is filled with SO much JOY all the time! 

We left my mom and dad's right at 7 and started on the long journey home. (Complete sarcasm, it's like 4 minutes from our driveway to theirs.) I got the girls inside and handed them off to Stephen who was getting the bathtub ready for them. He let them play for a while in the tub and I unloaded the car and put everything from the day away. 


We gave the girls baths and both were ready for their bottles early so we sat down at 7:35 to do that. Mae Parker was asleep before she finished her's and was in bed by 8. 


Amelia took a bit longer, she'd be in bed by 8:30. 


We watched Wednesday's episode of Big Brother while we did bottles and rocked the girls. It's solidly one of our favorite times of the day to get the girls settled and watch a show together while we're rocking them to sleep. 


And if Paul isn't the greatest Big Brother player of all time, then introduce me to someone else because he is a MASTERMIND! We love him, but WHY have they not gotten rid of him yet?! What are they thinking?! He's running the house!! How are they not seeing this?!!!


After Amelia was in bed and we finished Big Brother, I filled out the new month's calendar with our nephews' ballgame schedules. SO. MANY. GAMES. 

I took a quick shower, got everything ready for the next morning and was in bed at 9:30. I read the day's devotional from "Jesus Calling". I switch between it and "Jesus Today". 


And read a quick chapter from "The Church of the Small Things"; I'll be hosting a spot along a blog tour promoting this book later in the month! 


I scrolled through Instastories and Facebook trying to stay awake to see the 10 o'clock weather. We looked to be in the clear for the night, just rain. 


I turned the tv off and called it a night at 10:05. 


Is it just me or is there something so relaxing about going to bed after a shower and hair still wet? 

Thanks for tagging along with us on ANOTHER Thursday. Next time, I promise, it'll be another day and we won't be having dinner at my parents'. (But, who am I kidding, it'll probably be a Thursday!) 

1 comment

  1. I love this!!! What a sweet, ordinary day to capture :) So Stephen has a new job now?!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.