Monday, April 27, 2015

A Girl Needs Her Accessories!


Today is all about ACCESSORIES!!
A few years ago, you couldn’t pay me enough to wear a necklace. Now, well….I feel like I can’t leave home without one. I used to LOVE wearing bracelets…now, most days of the week, I walk out of the house without one on. Funny how your style changes the older you get.
Necklaces…I have a few. None are expensive. I just can’t bring myself to spending a lot on accessories. I’m cheap in that area. In fact the one that is my “go-to” that I wear majority of the time was found on a clearance rack at Wal-Mart for $5! It’s held up SO well considering I probably wear it at least 3-4 days a week.
I’m still a huge fan of the staple turquoise bubble necklace. Yes, it’s a dated piece for 2015 but it makes a statement and just coordinates with so many pieces I wear. Therefore, I still wear it.
My mother in law dabbles in jewelry making, some of her pieces are my favorites too!
Stephen got me this Kate Spade “mrs” necklace for our first married Christmas together…I love it. It’s simple and classy….pairs well with anything I wear.
Earrings….oh my stars. I love earrings. As much as I love my necklaces, I feel naked if I leave home and forget to put in earrings. By FAR my favorites are the Kate Spade studs. They’re a little pricey for me; BUT I know I’ll wear the heck out of them. 
They are definitely worth the $38 you’ll spend on them. I’m always dreaming of the next color I want. Occasionally Nordstrom will have them on sale, which is a great time to order since they always have free shipping.

(P.S. thanks to Pinterest Told Me To, I also love these very similar studs from Nordstrom that are a mere $8…free shipping…$8….order all 4 colors for less than the cost of one pair of Kate!)
I also LOVE my Kate Spade Day Tripper earrings! They’re fun and bright when I want add a little flair. And the classic Kendra Scott pair….these match so well with many outfits too.

So yeah, I’m a bit of a Kate Spade snob. They’re the best! Stephen can never go wrong getting me something to add to my collection. Hint, hint.

When I do wear bracelets, I have just a few go-to’s. This classic gold bangle (Kate Spade agaaaain) was my gift from Stephen on our wedding day! Such a sweet moment we shared that our photographer captured. We had all of our pictures made before the ceremony, so after we finished we came back inside the church building and just decided on a whim to exchange our little gifts then. (Sidenote: I got him a tie clip engraved with the date on one side and “stafford” on the other side.)

Then there’s two Lenny & Eva cuffs that get worn pretty regularly.
And this random bracelet that I received as a Christmas gift a few years ago from a cousin…she saw it on one of my Pinterest boards and tracked it down. It’s so fun to wear. I’ll hear at least once a day when I wear it, “is that a……tape measure?” Why yes, yes it is.
I also LOVE my bags and purses. I always have. It’s probably the one item that I’m constantly purging from my closets. I remember being little bitty and packing a purse to take to church with me every Sunday…I’d pack a notepad and pencil…maybe a lip gloss…and always some little figurines to play with. Back then we drove thirty minutes one day to get to church, so I packed a Walkman and cassette tapes for the backseat drive. I WORE OUT some New Kids on the Block cassettes.

These days my favorite purses are ones with lots of pockets and room…I mainly use this MK purse, but I also use big slouchy purses that I find at Old Navy.

Of course I can't leave out the BEST accessories I've EVER had. Chances are they'll forever be my favorite accessories. 
Gosh, he did so good!

Check out Andrea & Erika’s sites for everyone else’s favorite accessories! Come back tomorrow and we’ll celebrate very special 6 year old’s birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Your wedding ring is gorgeous! I don't spend much on costume jewelry, either. I mostly stick to my real pieces, but I love bracelets and wear them over necklaces most days! Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Mrs necklace! I love simple jewelry and that is perfect!

    Sarah at www.MeetTheShaneyfelts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of your husband to get you that darling necklace for your first Christmas as his "Mrs."! Love it!! I also think it's so special that some of your favorite pieces were handmade by your mother in law! She does great work! ;)
    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.