Monday, April 20, 2015

That Time I Was the Guest of Honor

As promised, I wanted to share moments from our wedding and all the "events" leading up to the day. Even if it's a year and a half later, I love knowing that I'll have it all documented!

Today, I'm sharing photos and memories from what we referred to as my "Nursing Girls Shower."

(Quick history lesson: back in the day I started college as a Nursing major. The more time that past, I developed a strong bond with a group of 12 other girls. We became this inseparable pack of sisters...each other's best friends. Then I decided half way through our Junior year that Nursing just wasn't for me. So I had to leave. One of the hardest decisions I ever made. They all went on to graduate and half of them are all various Nurse Practioners now. I changed my major and graduated two semesters after they did. BUT I still stayed close with them all...to this day, even though we're all spread around, we still get together to celebrate weddings and babies. I was the last girl to get married. Now you're caught up.)

My friend Becca hosted the shower at her beautiful home on a lovely Sunday afternoon.
All the girls pitched in and brought different items for the menu...everything was delicious!
No Southern Bridal Shower is complete without Fruit Tea and mason jars.
I was a tad bit excited that FINALLY a shower was for me! It was all such a surreal experience to the guest of honor for all my own showers and not to be on the hostess end.

I'm sharing these events a bit out of order. This was actually my last shower. I had three other showers prior to this one. When the girls asked what was left that we still needed, I basically told them we were set on the gifts end and if they wanted to keep it simple and do various gift cards, that would be great and useful! 
My friend, Beki put together a great basket filled with household products, cleaning products, etc. The brand names of the items matched up to a cute poem that was attached. Something along the lines of "you will Gain a new family....." and that matched obviously to a bottle of Gain detergent. It was a GREAT gift idea!

 Before everyone left, we had to pose for our group photo. We liked to call this one, "the Christmas miracle" photo. This was the first time in several years that EVERY girl was able to make it. It was such a special time to have everyone under the same roof again at the same time.
 I just love these sweet friends!

It was a wonderful afternoon spent with some of the best friends a girl could ask for! I am so very thankful to be able to have spent the last 10+ years calling these girls my friends. There's a hardly a day that goes by that I don't talk to at least one of them.

And now, we wait for the day that I'm the guest of honor for a baby shower. All the other girls are Mommies to some CUTE kids. 21 kiddos to be exact. Needless to say, there's been alot of celebrating in the past few years! We love celebrating together...afterall, that's what friends are for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.