Saturday, April 18, 2015

Familiar New Beginnings

Here’s the deal…

This is not my first time at the blogging rodeo. If you’re new here, wonderful & welcome!! If you’re joining me after following Tulips & Aprons, thanks for sticking around and entering into this new phase for me.

My first blog, Tulips & Aprons (gosh I still love that name)…seems like such a long time ago. And in many  ways, seems like such a different girl ago. I started that blog on a whim. I had recently picked a new hobby of painting cutesy signs for wedding gifts, baby gifts, teacher gifts…you name it. I wanted an outlet to showcase my work, possibly bring in some more business for myself on the side and along the way share things about my life. 
My life then….was a single girl dating…A LOT who lived in a perfectly quaint one bedroom apartment that was ADORABLE. She spent most of her time with her two young nephews and numerous friends. 


She traveled. She had very little bills to pay. She had few responsibilities. She had regularly scheduled manicure and pedicure appointments. 




She was perfectly content to come home after work on a Monday night, eat a bowl of cereal and watch the Bachelor from the comfort of her quiet, cozy living room. Life for that girl was pretty sweet and pretty simple.

My life now…

I’m a wife. I’m a homeowner. I schedule out each week which bills need to be paid that week. I menu plan. I own an Erin Condren Life Planner. I google things like, “brick flashing on chimney”,  I have a ROCKIN’ credit score. I’ve been at job for 5+ years now. That small SUV I bought a few years ago that I was so proud of, I can almost see the light at the end of the payment tunnel. (p.s. I’m still proud of that little vehicle and still LOVE it so much!) I moved twice in less than a year. I experienced life with my first roommate, who in turn is my permanent roommate. I don’t paint as much as a I used to; in fact, I don’t paint much at all anymore. I still dote on my nephews when they let me….the older they get the less snuggles they require. I still like to travel…but that costs money…and so does a leaky chimney repair. Priorities.

The point is, I simply outgrew Tulips & Aprons. I’ve had a longing to blog again for several months. I attempted to start again back late last summer / early fall. (Emphasis on “attempted”…I think posted twice during that blog revival.) It just didn’t fit. It just didn’t “feel” right. It wasn’t “me” anymore.

By no means, is this little space on the internet going to be anything profound or life-changing for anyone. It’s merely a place to share, remember and connect. I LOVE the blogging the community, and I’m so glad to be back in the loop. Most photos you see will no doubt be iPhone pics because let’s face it, convenience almost always wins. We don’t have kids or a baby or a pregnancy to follow…but one day we will. Heck, we don’t have any pets so there are no “fur babies” to speak of and post about. It’s pretty much just me and the hubs and our “new” 40 year old house that we are just in love with. 

So, if that just doesn’t spark your interest to follow along with us, I don’t know what will! You can click on the “About Me” page up top to find out more about us. There’s A LOT that I never shared on the old blog that still bears significance. Mainly…our wedding. Our AMAZING wedding and all the fun and beautiful events that led up to that perfect September day two years ago. Come back soon…I’m sharing all those events in the first weeks!
It’s good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.