Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Four Things

I've seen this blog prompt going around the past few weeks and yesterday, my blogger friend Sarah shared her Four Things, so today I'm jumping on the bandwagon to share my Four Things! 


Four Names People Call Me (Other Than My Real Name):
Boss Lady
Gypsy
Lornica (A combination of my name and my co-worker Lorna; when our guys aren’t sure which one of us to ask, they combine our names and one of us will respond.)
Edna


Four Jobs I've Had:
Concession Stands at state park / amusement park / sports complex
Bath & Body Works
a local wholesale car lot (I bet I could still fill out a car title with my eyes closed. SO. MANY. CAR. TITLES.)
Self-Proclaimed “Parts Manager” at a local boat and ATV dealership


Four Movies I've Watched More Than Once:
Christmas Vacation
The Philadelphia Story (not to be confused with Philadelphia, starring Tom Hanks)
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Yours, Mine & Ours (the original)

What can I say, I’m a sucker for old movies; they’re my favorites!


Four Authors I'd Recommend:
Nicholas Sparks
Emily Giffin
Frances Chan
Stan & Jan Berenstain…must pay homage to the ones who started my love for reading a verrrry early age!


Four Places I've Lived:
All Tennessee, all the same county, different communities…
Double Springs
Algood
Bangham
back to Double Springs 


Four Places I've Visited:
 Sanibel Island
Jamaica
NYC
Maui


Four Things I'd Rather Not Eat:
Green Peas
Nuts mixed in food
EGGS...yuck
Gravy…as in biscuits and gravy…ughhhh…makes me shiver just thinking about it.


Four Favorite Foods:

A small, local Thai restaurant, Ocha’s….I could eat there every week. Their menu has been the EXACT same my entire life. SO. GOOD. Spicy Beef, Rice & and an egg roll….YUM!
Lasagna
Brownies & Ice Cream
Anything from my grandma’s kitchen!! Mashed potatoes, cornbread, raisin pie, chocolate gravy & biscuits, chicken and dumplings, fried apples, jelly roll…..


Four TV Shows I Watch:
Grey’s Anatomy
Scandal
The Bachelor
Breaking Bad (our newest Netflix pick)


Four Things I'm Looking Forward To This Year:

HOPEFULLY having a baby!
Landscaping the front of our house
A possible impromptu Disney trip
Possibly a family cruise in the Fall (all dependent on “the baby situation”) 


Four Things I'm Always Saying:

Stop hitting your brother.
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.
Act like somebody.
Wayne Rooney (some foreign soccer player…Stephen watches soccer and plays a soccer video game; apparently this Rooney guy is good, because I’m always hearing WAAAYNE ROOOONEY from the tv, so now I randomly say it around the house. It cracks Stephen up. And it must be said in a British accent with emphasis on the first name.)

What's Four Things about you? Play along and answer these questions on your blog!!

9 comments:

  1. Okay tell me about Sanibel Island! I have looked it up as a possible vacay spot for us so what was your opinion? I can't believe you don't like biscuits and gravy?!?! And praying for a baby this year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went a couple of years ago to Sanibel...overall we enjoyed it. The beaches aren't the best because they are literally covered in tiny tiny shells and the "no see 'um" bugs that will eat you alive. The ocean is very shallow for a looong ways out from the shoreline. We could walk out far and the water still be at our waist. TONS of sand dollars....as in literally every step you took in the water you crushed them. It was weird. However, if you go over to Captiva Island, their beaches are sandy and white, and no bugs. LOTS of AMAZING local restaurants and beautiful homes to stalk. No chain restaurants and the only fast food place we saw was an old Dairy Queen. Very quiet, laid back atmosphere; we met several retirees who were regulars. We had a really great week there, I just wish the beaches were more sandy; or at least sandy enough to go barefoot. If we go back, we'll probably look into staying on Captiva Island and going over to Sanibel for a few dinners.

      Delete
  2. I am 100% with you on green peas - YUCK!! However, I eat them to be a good example to my kids. :( Praying with you that this is the year of the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five to you! I don't think I'll be able to set that same example for kiddos. They make me gag, haha.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Thai food too!!! And major YES to Grey's Anatomy and The Bachelor. SO funny about your feelings towards Biscuits and Gravy...that is my husband's favorite breakfast and I definitely gag a little when I make it for him- HA!
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a trooper for making him something that makes you gag!! haha. I got lucky on that one..Stephen is a bottomless pit, but fortunately he doesn't like gravy either. WIN!

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! I might have to do it too! Also - are you up to date on Grey's?! That last episode was crazy emotional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it! http://playswellwithcoffee.com/2016/02/18/four-things-survey/

      Delete
    2. Yes, we're up to date on Grey's (well, we missed tonight's episode, but we'll watch it tomorrow). I swear, Meredith has to have THE WORST luck of any other tv character..ever...of all time. Poor gal.

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.