Monday, February 8, 2016

Monthly Goals Mashup

Time to recap my January Goals and introduce my February Goals! 

I know this may not work for everyone, but since I started setting monthly goals for myself, it's been a HUGE hit. I've been able to get small tasks completed that I maaaaay have been putting off or just didn't make time to do. 

Keep goals practical and realistic with a splash or two of some fun, and you'll find it much easier to check those lines off of your list!




1. Stay focused at work - this one ran over into February which I can't say I'm disappointed about, because it got DONE! I was able to work from home one day last week, and I was able to get caught up to date on SO much! Literally, three months behind for 2015...it's done now. This is SUCH a relief!!


2. Meal Plan by the month - We made a list for February of dinner ideas and now just have to decide which nights for the dinners we've chosen! I've said it before, if you don't meal plan, try it! It takes out all the guesswork and in the long run will save you time and money! 

3. Organize table linens - I wish I had taken a before and after shot of this one and the next one, but I started working on this randomly one Sunday afternoon on a whim and was half way done before I realized I should'v snapped a photo. So I keep all of our placemats, table runners, linen napkins and a couple of table cloths on the bottom shelf of my baker's rack in a large basket. It had gotten OUT. OF. CONTROL. I purged and got rid of several pieces I've not used in years. Straightened up the rest, and now everything fits neat inside the basket. No overflow. No random placemats partially stuffed in the basket. Ahhhh...it's the little things. 

4. Organize under bathroom cabinet - DONE! I ended up with a trashcan FULL of junk that was stuffed in this cabinet and never used. I kept ONLY what I use, organized those things into two baskets and now there's sooo much room in that cabinet! It's amazing how much space you free up when you place ONLY the things that you actually use!

5. Valentine's Gift Shop - I think we've pretty much decided to skip the gifts this year and just enjoy a fun day date together. Or at least, I hope that's what we decided because I've not gotten S anything. At all. Zip. Zilch. 

6. Have friends over for dinner and game night - At last, the fun goal of the month! Our friends Chad and Katey came over one Friday night. I made a lasagna, we played cards, and stayed up waaaaay later than any of us has in a long time! Then, on another random mid-week night, our friends Chuck and Emilee and their son came over for dinner. I just love those close friendships where plans fall into place so easily. Our plans literally happened like this: An email from Em, "I'll drop those off at your house tonight." My reply email, "Sure, that's fine. I've got beef stew in the crock pot, yall wanna come eat?" And that's why we're best friends. 



1. Our nephews haven't had a sleepover since before the holidays and we think its time for one! We just love having these boys with us. 

2. Fun Valentine's Date - This year, we're opting from the traditional dinner date and are planning a breakfast date in Nashville on Saturday! We are both probably a bit more excited than we should be about this. 

3. Finish one book - Ok, so somehow I got myself into the mess of trying to read three different books at once. I don't know why, but I do know I won't be doing that again. This month, I'm aiming to finish just one of these books and then move on to finish the other two separately. 

4. Taxes - I THINK we have all of our paperwork together to start working on this. Once we get started, we typically can get it knocked out over the course of a weekend or a couple of weeknights, either way...this will get done this month!

5. Celebrate Dad! - My dad's 66th birthday was last Wednesday. We've not had a chance to go out for his birthday dinner yet, but hopefully that'll be happening soon. Between his schedule broadcasting high school basketball games on the radio, our nephews basketball schedules, and now Riley's baseball practice. (Yes, BASEBALL practice in February?!) it's just been difficult to get the 8 of us together in the past week. 

Can you believe it's already February?! Only one more month left before I get the hang of dating checks 2016, haha!!

7 comments:

  1. Love all of your goals!! Where will your breakfast date in Nashville be?? What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Broken Egg downtown on Commerce St. We always go to one in Destin, and I think this one opened up late Summer / early Fall of last year. It's SO good!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find myself in between 2-3 books at a time! What are you currently reading? I'm finishing up The Good Girl, and then moving on to The Royal We. Have a great night! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished "The Choice" last night...it was really good. My hopes for the movie still aren't that high, though. haha. The Royal We is in my queue on my Kindle along with Me Before You. I can't decide which one to start next!!

      Delete
  4. I love all of this but especially the part where you have an Erin Condren Life Planner ;) Me too!! I'm obsessed (see my instagram for a few pics haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOOOOVE my EC planner. I contemplated a different brand this year, but just couldn't pull the trigger on a different when I loved my EC from last year too much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.