Monday, February 1, 2016

The Weekend I Finished a Million (or something like that) Projects

Monday, already? Sheesh. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had a great one spent with lots of friends!! Here's a little recap (minus selfies, #bloggerfail).

On Friday I hit up the grocery store and Hobby Lobby right after work. I was asked to make new flowers for the pulpit at our church (before Sunday morning...nothing like last minute), so I wanted to knock that out first thing. I L.O.V.E. how these turned out! My plan is to keep all the greens as is, and just change out the colors per the season we're in. 


Friday night, we met up with our friends Chuck and Emilee for dinner because as Em's email said, "we're kid-free tonight...wanna do something?" We love all of our friends' kiddo, but I think everyone will agree, it's great and refreshing to have adult conversation every now and then. I didn't snap a photo of us, but trust me, it happened, and we had a great time!

Saturday morning, I snapped a few final pics of my two latest projects before I delivered them. Taylor ordered this wooden alphabet set off of Etsy and asked me to paint them for her. I LOOOOOOVE these SO much! Possibly my most favorite paint project yet!


I added simple patterns to only 10 letters to add a little pop to them. 


I can't wait to see these hung up in Isaac's nursery!


Before I wrapped up my gift for Brittany's shower, I took these pics. 


Brittany sent me pictures of the bedding they had chosen for Alexa's nursery a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love with the gray and coral theme. So dainty and girly!


Brittany had a WONDERFUL shower and received some of the cutest monogrammed things I've ever seen!


Great afternoon spent with a great group of girls!


Sunday we had a special day at church that we called our "Best Sunday Ever". Naturally a day like that calls for a church potluck lunch, followed by an afternoon service. (I'm quite the fan of church, lunch, church Sundays!) 

Since we had the rest of Sunday afternoon and Sunday night free, we did a whole lot of nothing. I told Stephen that tomato caprese sounded excellent for dinner and ten minutes later he brought me this. Horrible lighting, but YUM! Just love this for an easy, light dinner!!


I watched Grease Live and attacked a mountain of clean towels to end the weekend. Anybody else watch Grease Sunday night? I thought it was really good and everyone had excellent singing voices! This was SO much better than NBC's attempt at live productions the last few years. 


Oh, one more painting. Every year our hospital's charitable Foundation, hosts "A Woman's Heart" event that raises money to different funds promoting women's heart health and education. I was involved in this night for several years, and for the last three years, have been asked to donate a painting for the silent auction. I have no problem donating to this event each year...such a fun night for ladies in our community and the outreach that follows after the fact, is even better! 

A Woman's Heart will take place on Thursday night. If you're local, tickets may still be available. Find out more by clicking here


Don't forget to come back on Wednesday and link up with your FAVORITE Super Bowl Pinterest finds! It's our first Pinspiration Wednesday and we're SOO excited to kick off this new monthly linkup!


Linking up with Biana today!


20 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fab weekend!! Your flower arrangements are beautiful, and you're so talented in the painting area!! The alphabet letters and the signs that you made for the hospital and for the nursery are so pretty!! Have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! Great idea to keep the green and just switch out the flowers as needed.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopefully it'll work out like I think it will! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I am guessing the flowers are fake? They look amazing!! Big fan of a caprese salad, the letters look amazing and I LOVE those light fixtures in the kitchen photo. Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are fake. Hobby Lobby...where else?! Haha! I LOVED the light fixtures too...it was such a pretty house!

      Delete
  4. I adore the a-z letter set! I would like to do something like that for my littlest guy. See you on Wednesday for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...looking forward to tomorrow's linkup!

      Delete
  5. Your art work is so pretty! I love that name sign and that piece you made for the auction! If only I could make something half as cute as that. And the alphabet? Goodness sakes. You can come and do my whole house, please and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl...I didn't want to let those alphabet letters go and we don't even have any kiddos!! HA

      Delete
  6. You are super talented!!!! Love your artwork!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flower arrangements are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it turned out better than I expected! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. What a productive weekend! You are amazing! I love your artwork for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SOOOOO talented!! Oh my goodness- those flower arrangements are absolutely stunning!! Can't wait for our link up- working on my post as we speak!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl...looking forward to tomorrow's link up as well!

      Delete
  10. Look at you getting stuff done! Go girl!

    And those letters... ooooh, those letters! Just darling. You are very talented! The paint job is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love painting canvases, but the letters...gosh..those are my favorite!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.