Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What's Up Wednesday - the Almost Springtime Edition




Today I'm linking up with Shay to share What's Up!!

What we're eating this week...
So far this week, we've had dinner out with long time friends and it was AMAZING. We may have not have all been together in years, but we pick up right where we left off! Aren't those the best friendships?! We also had breakfast for dinner last night, it's quick easy and a favorite around here!

What I'm reminiscing about...
I've had Disney on my mind lately....ALOT. I've had so many fun trips with my family through the years, and our last trip in 2012 was Stephen's first time with us. I would love to sneak in a trip just the two of us sometime this year, we'll see how that goes.


What I'm Loving...
Spring is JUST around the corner and I am more excited for the new season probably than I ever have been before.



What we've been up to...
February has been filled with birthdays, downtime, busy work schedules, and Mardi Gras fun! I recapped a little about our February on Monday.

What I'm dreading...
If you've been reading my blog for any time at all, you know that tomorrow is a day that we were anxiously and thankfully awaiting for 9 months ago. Our plans weren't the same as what God had in store for us for February 25th, but we know His plans are always the best for us.

What I'm working on...
Two big events are planned for April that have my Pinterest account buzzing lately. First up, I'm planning the first birthday party for my best friend's little boy. When Daniel was about 3-4 months old, I had a light bulb moment for his party theme. Amy's husband is an AVID fisherman, so it goes without saying this pasttime will be passed down to Daniel in the very near future. Our theme is Daniel Caught the BIG ONE and I can't wait to see how our planning turns out!!
Follow Erica's board Daniel Caught the Big ONE on Pinterest.

Also in April, we're planning a Ladies Day event at church. I'm getting decorating ideas and menu plans ready!
Follow Erica's board Ladies Day Planning on Pinterest.

What I'm excited about...
Next weekend, we're going on a weekend retreat with some of our greatest friends and our Wednesday night church group. We had such a great weekend together last year, we're all looking forward to it again! I am so thankful we have such strong friendships with our brothers and sisters in Christ. These are the people that will be close to us for the rest of our lives. These are the people we will raise our children with. Friends like these are some of our greatest blessings!


What I'm watching / reading...
I'm reading Me Before You and LOVING it I might add. Our newest Netflix pick is Breaking Bad. We're into Season 2 so far and it's safe to say that some episodes are just CRAZY.


What I'm listening to...
Lately, I've been listening to different Broadway channels on Pandora while in my office. I just love a good show tune!!


What I'm Wearing...
I picked up a couple of great clearance items at Old Navy last week. I love the dark chambray shirt and the open flowy cardigan I snagged. Both are great transitional items from Winter into Spring. These are going to be added to the regular rotation for the foreseeable future!


What I'm doing this weekend...
Saturday I'm going with my MIL and Stephen's grandma to the Flea Market at the State Fairgrounds in Nashville! I LOOOOVE, big puffy heart LOOOOOOVE going to the state flea market. There are SO many great finds there!!

Oh, and like the rest of the blogging world, I'm sure, I'm going to be binge watching this...


Amen.

What I'm looking forward to next month...
Leigh Justine and I are hosting our series Pinspiration Wednesday on the first Wednesday of the month! Link up with us on Wednesday, March 2 and share your favorite Spring and Easter Pinterest finds!!


What else is new...
I've picked up a few new Spring decorations in the past couple of weeks. Which is a BIG deal for me. Spring and Easter are probably my least favorite season / holiday to decorate for. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional pastels, bunnies, etc, so it's a challenge to find things that I love instead of things that make me say, "eh....it'll work." The few things I've picked up around town this year, I'm secretly loving and really looking forward to putting it all together!

Favorite Easter tradition...
Growing up, Easter was my least favorite holiday. It seemed like such a rushed and busy day, but the older I've gotten the more I've realized how special my parents really made the season for us. From our annual trips to Nashville to find the perfect Easter dresses, to our Easter baskets waiting on us when we woke up on Easter Sunday morning..my parents really went above and beyond for me and my sister. 

And then, there's the annual lunch and egg hunt at my grandparents house. We may all be grown up now, but my cousins and I still make a mad dash for our favorite candies. We may or may not push the littles out of the way for the Reeses eggs! With a goofy group like this, how can we not have fun times together?!!


They will probably kill  me for this one. Oh well. Good thing we love each other!

Happy Almost Springtime!

7 comments:

  1. Love your Pinterest boards for both events.....those are two very fun things to plan! Can't wait to see how you decorate for Easter!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - first, how could you wear flip flops at Disney - my feet would be killing me! Second, I love broadway songs - I need to find that station and last...flea market!! I wish I could make it this weekend!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, back in the day I could wear flip flops ALL. DAY. LONG. even a Disney day. I couldn't even make it from the tram drop off to the tickets stands today if I tried to wear them. HA.

      Delete
  3. me before you is SUCH a good read!! cant wait to hear more! were voting on our new book club book on my blog and i'd love for you to come vote and read with us next month! so glad i found you through the linkup! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Easter Egg Hunt picture of you and your cousins!! :) And your Old Navy clearance finds are so great!! That chambray shirt will look SO cute with white jeans or a cute skirt once the weather gets warmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am adding Me before You to my reading list!!
    I am also binge watching Fuller House on Friday...I can't WAIT!!!
    Praying for you tomorrow...I know how hard "would be" due dates are. xoxo. I had 2 m/c before I had my kids.
    Thanks for linking up with us for What's Up Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CANNOT wait for Fuller House and Breaking Bad - man that was a good show. INTENSE. But good!

    Off to listen to broadway music... lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approved by the author.